14 May 2013

Virtual Vodka or Whatever / Eurovision Party

What do you get when you cross a silly twitter conversation with the will to drink vodka? You guessed it: a virtual vodka Twitter party.

What do you get when you cross nostalgia for said Virtual Vodka Twitter Party with Eurovision weekend?


The Virtual Vodka Returns / Eurovision Twitter Party!!
 
 
When: Friday 17 May 2013 at 8pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
 
Where: Twitter. #vvow
  
Party Info:
 
The Twitter hash tag for the night is #vvow. This stands for "Virtual Vodka or Whatever".  Some people like to drink vodka, some do not. We don't discriminate. We're inclusive. Drink whatever you like, alcoholic or otherwise. 
 
Eurovision is screening on SBS this weekend. Friday night, at the time of the party, the first semi-final will be on TV. As some of you may know from last year, I'm a Eurovision tragic. (Note: This post is not sponsored by SBS, nor is it sponsored by Eurovision, but if either wanted to provide me with glitter or sequins for the occasion, I'm happy to receive - just sayin'.) Not all of us are, though - I acknowledge that there may be some puzzling characters out there who do not have an interest in watching Europe's annual pop extravaganza - and whilst I don't understand you, that's okay. You can still join in. You may wish to watch football, or concentrate solely on your Twitter feed. It's entirely up to you.
 
Warning: I will definitely be watching Eurovision. It's #vvow, but I won't promise not to include #SBSEurovision from time to time - I won't be able to help myself.
 
The party organisers are @FrancescaBlogs @kal20m and @enay_teekay. Thanks @kal20m for reviving the idea :-)
 
Practical Info:
 
If there are a few people involved in conversations, it could get very hard to say anything within the character limit if we're including everyone's Twitter handles (i.e. @FrancescaBlogs etc). I think the easiest way to keep up with the conversations would be to search #vvow. Then you'll have a list of tweets which include #vvow (just remember to include the hash tag in your tweets).
 
I'm going to try to slow my tweeting pace this time so I don't run out of tweets on the night. Even if I don't reply to everyone individually, I will be reading the #vvow feed and compiling a funny list of notes to write a debrief post on (hopefully less than two months after the event, unlike last time - sorry).
 
So, if you're willing and able on Friday night, please drop in with a #vvow tweet.
 
Can't wait to tweet ya!

15 comments:

  1. LOL - I still smile and chuckle at our first party !!!!
    It is in big print in my diary (not that I am likely to forget given the sad state of my social life now that A is in Townsville again !!)
    I promise to give the Eurovision a try but can't say I won't be flicking off to the footy in between !!!!
    Have the best week !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I thought I had left a comment but clearly my brain is not in function mode just yet today !!!)
    I'll be there with bells and whistles - OK - probably not - but I will be there in my 'jarmies' !!
    Have the best week !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be in my jarmies too :-)

      Delete
  3. Eurovision tragic here! Will drop by for sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, looking forward to it :-)

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love Vodka and I absolutely love Eurovision. I could not think of anything more fun! I am not sure I want to be tweeting after a few Voddies though, could get very messy :)
    Becc @ Take Charge Now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, not messy, interesting ;-)

      Delete
  5. #vvow looks like #wow to me - need glasses!

    Sounds like fun! Just might be able to join you ...

    visiting from #teamIBOT xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it is wow! Hope you can join in :-)

      Delete
  6. I might try and be there, however, I am flying to comfort my sister after surgery - (it's a surprise so I'm glad she can't see this) But I'll have a vodka mid-air - and try and post a comment as I do so! Em x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're a lovely sister. Hope all goes well :-)

      Delete
  7. Oh I always want to join your twitter parties! Unfortunately it's my dad's 75th that day, but if we're home early, I'll be there for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next, time we'll have to check your availability! Last time you were doing Feb Fast, I think. Hope your dad has an amazing day :-)

      Delete
  8. Awesome idea - count me in! Eurovision rocks and it's so much fun to share the night with other like minded souls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...