06 June 2013

Birthday Week!

Hello and welcome to another Thankful Thursday.

Francesca Writes Here

You may (or may not) know that in this house, we are fans of the birthday week. Right now, we are in the midst of mine!

Today, I am thankful for my employer, and in particular, the fact that work gives us one day's leave on our birthdays (or the closest work day to it). As it's my birthday week, today is my birthday leave day.

If you've read about my usual Thursday routine, you might be jumping for joy on my behalf right now in the belief that I get an entire day to myself, as the MissyMoos are all out of the house on Thursdays.

When I first discovered that my birthday leave day would be a Thursday, I was. I had many exciting ideas for my solo day, involving all manner of pampering.

Less than a week after my exciting discovery, a newsletter came home from MissyMoo1's (6) school nominating that day as a pupil free day. Today. What are the chances? At the time, I could have cried. Am I never going to have a block of free time without the kids?

But now, I am thankful. I am thankful that today I will be able to spend some one-on-one time with my big girl. We're going to drop the little MissyMoos off to play at pre-school and day care, then we're going to hit the shops together. I am so  excited about having uninterrupted conversations and just hanging out with my big girl. I am excited about this window to the future I will experience today - an outing without nappy bags, strollers or tantrums.

What a great birthday week it will be!

**********

Thanks to last week's Thankful Thursday linkers for brightening the interwebs with your positivity - farewelling the toddler stage, bloggy catch-ups, not feeling guilty, winter and bootcamp-style humiliation! You bloggers rock!


What are you thankful for?

(Housekeeping: to link up your posts, just add the name of your post, your email address and post url below. Your post URL can't be more than 100 characters for this linky thing to work. Your email address won't be published, but it will help me get in touch with you if the link isn't working)


10 comments:

  1. I am sure that you and Miss 6 will have a fantastic time !!! I know that while I miss A dreadfully when he is away, I do appreciate the one-on-one time that I get to spend with K - she is like a different child when it is just the two of us !!!
    Have the best day !
    Me
    PS - Happy Birthday Lovely Lady !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we had a fantastic day together :-)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Francesca! It sounds like you are going to have a fabulous day today!

    My birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and I have my last day of work before maternity leave the day before it! And it just so happens that my birthday is also daycare day so it will be the very first time I've actually been able to drop Punky at daycare and then have a whole day to myself to do whatever I want. Happy Birthday to me! I'm seeing a nap and lunch with a friend n my near future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie.

      Oh wow, I hope you have a great day to yourself. I'm sure you'll appreciate it - fantastic that it will happen before bub arrives. Happy birthday to you too :-)

      Delete
  3. We do a whole "birthday week" thing in our family too, because one day is just not enough!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy Hubby introduced the concept - I love it!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday wishes to you!
    One-on-One time is special, glad you enjoyed. Hope you got something nice for yourself in the shopping expedition and had a nice lunch. Because it is Birthday Week, I am sure that someone will take the Missy's off your hands for at least an hour or two of pampering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Yes, the shopping expedition resulted in me acquiring a few new items! Very happy with the week :-)

      Delete
  5. Birthday week - I love the idea of that! I hope you have a Happy Birthday - lots of giggles and bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I sure did, lots of fun!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...