29 June 2013

Following Blogs

Hi guys. Do you know what day it is?

Besides being Hubby and my 7th anniversary of home ownership (or should I say mortgage ownership), it's also very nearly the end of June.

What does this signify? A lot of things to a lot of people. It means the end of financial year to money people. It means the eve of significant regulatory change in the superannuation industry (breathe, Francesca...). It means the start of school holidays to others.

It also means the end of Google Reader as a means to follow blogs.

So how can you follow my blog now? I thought you'd never ask. Let me count the ways...

1. Bloglovin
You can register with www.bloglovin.com and follow as many blogs as you like through that. You don't have to be a blogger to register, but if you are a blogger, you can "claim" your blog as your own. Importantly, you can also import the list of blogs you follow directly from Google Reader quite easily. The link to Francesca Writes Here is http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4950623 (I hope that works...) You can also just search "Francesca Writes Here" to find me.

2. Follow by Email
On the right hand sidebar of my blog, there's a heading "Follow by Email". All you have to do is type your email address in, click on "submit" and my blog posts will be sent directly to your email inbox.

3. Facebook
Francesca Writes Here has a Facebook page. When I publish blog posts, I share them on this page as well as other bits and pieces. Facebook tends to do funny things showing (or not showing) posts to page fans sometimes, so this might not be the most reliable way of keeping up with things...

4. Twitter
I'm also on Twitter @FrancescaBlogs. When I publish blog posts, I also share them on Twitter. But Twitter being Twitter, if you're not watching the nanosecond I tweet, you might not see it :-)

I'm sure there are plenty of other ways of following blogs and if you've already found something that suits you, then go with it. These are just my suggestions if you're getting lost in blogland. Happy reading!

9 comments:

  1. Bloglovin' is my favourite way to follow blogs at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too - I like being able to create different lists/categories.

      Delete
  2. I love using Feedly on my iPad, your blog is on it! It used to be powered by Google Reader but is now powered by the Feedly 'cloud'. It's great because you can share it to different social media outlets right from the app. Handy post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eva!

      I heard about Feedly soon after I signed up for Bloglovin'. I decided not to check it out purely because I wanted to streamline my blogreading and not have too many apps/accounts. Sounds good though ☺

      Delete
  3. Time to check out Blog Lovin' I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for this.... I have been following so many blogs via Facebook but sometimes they just get "lost" amongst all the other stuff in my Newsfeed & Notifications and still being new to this blogging thing I wasn't sure the best way to follow.... time to head over to BlogLovin' and work some stuff out! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm finding Facebook to be so unreliable with its notifications. Hope you find what works for you!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...