23 June 2013

I Have a Four-Year-Old (Again)!

Yes, you read it right, MissyMoo2 recently turned FOUR!

I still can't quite believe it. Maybe it's because she's not my eldest child, maybe it's because in my mind I'm forever young, but MissyMoo2 still seems to be too little to have turned four.

And yet, the weight of evidence before me forces me to admit that my feelings are merely denial and that she truly is growing. The fact that she goes to pre-school and has made her own friends there should have enlightened me. The fact that she can write her own name should have given her thick Mamma a clue. The chit-chats I eavesdrop on hear between MissyMoo2 and her big sister in the back of the white bus ought to have made it clear that my middle girl is growing up.

I don't know why, but MissyMoo2's milestones sometimes take me by surprise. I seem to embrace milestones with MissyMoo1 (6) and MissyMoo3 (20 months).  With MissyMoo1, it's exciting because it's brand new; with MissyMoo3, it's exciting because it signifies a "moving on" moment for our family. While I feel just as proud of MissyMoo2 when she does something new, she flies under the radar a bit. Perhaps it's because of her sweet, quiet nature. Perhaps (dare I say it?) it's because she's the middle child. It's not that I don't notice, it's just that she's so happy and easy-going most of the time that sometimes, I take a look at her - really look - and realise that her baby face has thinned out, her features are more defined, and she is growing into the girl I always imagined and dreamed of.

Happy birthday to my beautiful girl.

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday MissyMoo2 - I hope she had a wonderful day.
    Have the best week ahead !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it so hard to let my babies grow-up. Am I trying to hold onto my rapidly fading youth (No, I don't think it is this). I think I just love them at the stages they are at, and I enjoyed their babyhood so much, that I want to relish it even more.
    In saying all of that I realise that my babies are about to turn 6 (I'm 5 and 3/4 now mummy, aren't I?) and 4.5, they really aren't babies anymore.
    I love to see them grow and develop & learn and delight in new experiences, but I feel sad that they are growing so fast!
    Happy Birthday to MissyMoo & well done to you 2 as parents, you've got her this far & she's delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, yours are not babies any more but they're still adorable :-)


      Thanks, so far so good!

      Delete
  3. Oh that's lovely. Happy 4th Birthday MissyMoo2. She sounds like a gorgeous little girl. Thanks for Linking Up for Mummy Mondays @ The Multitasking Mummy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, she absolutely is. Thanks for hosting ☺

      Delete
  4. My baby will turn 18 in a couple of months. She's still my baby... :)
    happy birthday to MissyMoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Il mio primo figlio avrà 30 anni a settembre, ma è ancora 'my baby'!
    E' bello veder crescere i figli e seguire i loro progressi nella vita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In questa età della mia vita, non posso immaginare avere una figlia di 30 anni. Ma già dico alle mie figlie che quando saranno donne, saranno ancora "my babies" :-)

      Delete
  6. She sounds a delight and I can totally understand how you'd be caught up in life and forget the time. At least it shows you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She certainly is a delight - it blows my mind how quickly she's growing.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...