20 June 2013

Thankful Thursday: Reaction

As I sit down to write this post, it's Wednesday night and I'm tired. I've been at work all day. The MissyMoos have been unwell. It's cold. I don't have a brilliant idea for a blog post. My most recent photos are not available for bloggy inspiration as they are still on my camera, where they will stay, as I can't be bothered to upload them to the computer.

Sounds like a bit of a downer, right? Is this really a Thankful Thursday link up?

Here's the thing:



So instead of trying to focus on one major topic, today my depleted attention span calls for a little list of thankful.

  • I've been at work all day → I'm thankful that I have a good job.
  • The Missy Moos have been unwell → I'm thankful that they're on the mend and that we were able to access medical care when they needed it.
  • It's cold → I'm thankful we have heating.
  • I don't have a brilliant idea for a blog post → I'm thankful for the lovely people who stop by and read my blog and for the opportunity I was given to host Thankful Thursday, opening my eyes up to more positive posts each week.

What are you thankful for?

Francesca Writes Here

(Housekeeping: to link up your posts, just add the name of your post, your email address and post URL below. Your post URL can't be more than 100 characters for this linky thing to work. Your email address won't be published, but it will help me get in touch with you if the link isn't working.)


12 comments:

  1. In addition to my post, I'm thankful for the same things as you. My son was sick last night and so fingers crossed he's on the mend today. In cold weather like this I really feel for the homeless.

    Linking up with you today

    Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he's feeling better now. You're right - at least we have a roof over our heads :-)

      Delete
  2. I was going to write my post last night but just didn't get around to it !
    I too am thankful for a good job - and thankful that even though A is away so much he has a good job too - because the alternative would be having him unemployed at home !!!
    I love your quote too !
    If you are looking for pics to use that are free with no copyright issues - see my post today with a link from Pip at Bub, Sweat and Tears.
    Have the best day and I hope that you feel more like yourself soon !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking your post. I checked out that website - looks great. I'll be turning to it when I'm too lazy to get organised with my own photos!

      Delete
  3. It just goes to show, there is ALWAYS something that we can be grateful for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a reason why I can't link up? Bah, maybe my computer?

    I'm thankful that there are only two more working days until vacation. I am thankful that my mother agreed to watch my youngest to the last of the two working days will not be as long. I'm also thankful for having a job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I closed the link-up this morning, being Friday morning in Australia. Maybe I should leave it open for a few days...

      Great list of thankful, thanks for joining in :-)

      Delete
  5. I love that quote! It can be all to easy to get down - especially in this cold dreary weather. But with just a little effort, we can always find something to be thankful about. Hope the MissyMoos get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's amazing what a difference a few days can make!

      Delete
  6. Right now I'm thankful the kids are in bed, because we're on week 2 of sick kids and they are so unwell, coughing, moaning, etc and I am giving them every ounce of sympathy but it's hard work! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you poor thing. At least they're resting. Hope you don't catch it!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...