05 July 2013

Francesca's Festa of Favourites - July 2013


Welcome to the second half of the year. Can you believe it? Has it flown for you or dragged on? I'm not sure which camp I fit into right now. I think it depends on my mood.

What I am sure about is that









has now been running for six months.

Thanks to everyone who has linked up theirs or other bloggers' posts. In six months we've had 119 posts linked - it's been an amazing response.


Background
 
For anyone who's new to the link-up, here's some background: "Festa" in Italian means a celebration, a party. This link-up is a place where you can place links to your favourite posts in a given month, but here's the difference: they don't have to be posts you've written (although they can be). You can link to any post for the month that, for you, has been a must-read, that you're proud of, or that you think is entertaining.

I do add some of the posts. I love being able to use this space to bookmark my favourite blog posts for the month, but more importantly, I love seeing what everyone else likes reading and it makes me smile all dimply-like when other people add their favourites to my festa. So feel free to link up as many of your favourite posts as you like during the course of the month.

(Let me know in the comments if you have trouble with the link and I'll try to fix it at my end. As long as you remember to have ".html" at the end of the URL and the URL is no more than 100 characters, it should work.)


Pick of the June bunch (in my humble opinion)

In the past couple of months I've been choosing one post from the previous month's linked posts to showcase here and I'm continuing this month as I think it's a great way of showing off other bloggers in my own litte corner of blogland. It was hard to choose, as all the linked posts were awesome, and you should check them all out here.

Francesca's June Festa Favourite is:
 
 Choose Your Own Adventure - Voices of 2013 by Cooker and a Looker


 
Who didn't love choose your own adventure books as a kid? I used to scour my primary school and town libraries for them and devour them. Then I'd check out all the alternate endings just to see what I'd missed out on. Amanda used this clever method to tell her story about her Kidspot Voices of 2013 weekend.


Now, let's see what delights Francesca's Festa of Favourites can bring us this month. It's linking time ... go!

☺ 






9 comments:

  1. I agree, this is a superb post from Amanda! I love that you do this Fran - I must try and make note and remember to hook up someone's great blog - have a happy start to July - Em xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ingenious! I used to love choose your own adventure books too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I remember those!! They were fabulous!
    Will definitely remember to link up this month! Promise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic post - loved reading it! Brought back lots of memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep meaning to link up some of my favourite posts to this Francesca - I will keep my eye out and try to get back here before the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea - I loved CYOA

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chose your own adventure post is fabulous!
    I am off to read some of the other posts now!
    Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still love choose your own adventure books! Well, we're reading 'Choose your own magic' from the Rainbow Magic fairy series in our house right now - not quite as thrilling as I remember the ones from my own childhood, but it's a start. Thanks as always for hosting this link up Francesca. I am going to try much harder to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh thank you so much for linking me up hun - even if it means more people may discover what a nutjob I am lol. i look forward to checking out the others xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...