18 July 2013

Thankful Thursday: Holiday Fun and Down-Time

Francesca Writes Here


Well, the next school term has begun and we're back into the swing of things. After the craziness that was last week, I thought this would be a good opportunity to be thankful for the calm before the storm: the first week of school holidays and my week off work.

 

The rain cleared and we had a few glorious sunny winter days. Quiet, play-in-the-backyard-and-don't-have-to-look-at-the-clock days.
 

Determined not to spend my annual leave days at home doing housework, I also took the MissyMoos for a day out at an animal park. The MissyMoos loved looking at the animals and playing in the playground.

We saw this fella (what would an Aussie animal park be without a big croc?)...
Mmm, what big teeth you have...
...encountered a friendly wombat...

...did a spot of koala spotting...


...and couldn't leave without saying goodbye to our mate the monster croc.


It was great to spend some time with my girls and relax together. I am very thankful.








12 comments:

  1. We love going to look at the animals too, although our local zoo does not have a croc and what a HUGE croc he is! I must also admit, I too love the days at home without having to look at the clock :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids love animals too - such a nice day out for them. We have another quiet day coming up soon with MissyMoo1 having a pupil free day. I'm looking forward to that too :-)

      Delete
  2. I am thankful for this wonderful feel-good linkup - and for chocolate - find out why on my blog today ;-)

    LOVE the pic of the wombat - whenever I've seen one they've always been fast asleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Janet. Yes this wombat was wide awake - it was great!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a lovely time out and about! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thankful for Kirsty Mackenzie who I finally caught up with in the real world this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognise that Park - Is it the one on the Central Coast?? It's so great there isn't it!! I also love days at home with no clock watching and rushing - the best part of school holidays. Hope the start of Term 3 is going well so far xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is - isn't it great! We've been there a couple of times now and the kids enjoy it. We didn't watch any shows this time because it would have been too hard for me to watch the kids, but it was good to just wander at our own pace.

      Delete
  6. Nothing nicer than getting back to nature - I need to get the boys out more to see the animals at Dreamworld where we have season passes, so many amazing animals to see :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, to be that close to Dreamworld! We have plans to go there next year - can't wait!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...