02 July 2013

Virtual Vodka or Whatever - the July 2013 Edition

Okay, those of you doing Dry July, don't bother reading this post - you won't like what you see.

Do you remember a while ago I blogged about #vvow? And I hoped to write the debrief post on it within two months of the event?

Well, it was held on 17 May 2013, so it is within two months. Kicked that goal!

#vvow stands for "Virtual Vodka or Whatever". It's a Twitter party which we've held a couple times now. The first one held in February was just plain old Virtual Vodka. Here is the info post and here is the debrief post. The second party, which was on 17 May, expanded to be more inclusive by being Virtual Vodka or Whatever. It also doubled as a Eurovision party!


I rate it as a success with 15 participants and even a tentative convert to the Eurovision cause (despite earlier being horrified at the discovery of the Eurovision subculture).

So now the thirst has returned and it's time for the next one. Virtual Vodka or Whatever is back!

 
When: Friday 5 July 2013 8pm Australian Eastern Standard Time
 
Where: Twitter #vvow


Now, as the party includes "Whatever", you can do "whatever" you like in the beverage department. Even you Dry Julyers can come along, but we won't be reducing discussion of alcohol-related topics for your benefit (you were warned!).

If there are a few people involved in conversations, it could get very hard to say anything within the character limit if we're including everyone's Twitter handles (i.e. @FrancescaBlogs etc). The easiest way to keep up with the conversations would be to search #vvow. Then you'll have a list of tweets which include #vvow (just remember to include the hash tag in your tweets).

So, if you're willing and able on Friday night, please drop in with a #vvow tweet. Say hello to @kal20m and @FrancescaBlogs while you're at it! We'll be watching the #vvow stream with delight!

Tweet you later ☺

  

26 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post about #vvow - I was going to do a post tomorrow about it. Actually I may still do it anyway as I am sure to have different readers to you (and anyone reading it again will just get some re-enforcement so they won't forget !!!)
    Looking forward to it !! See you then.
    Have the best week !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you posted about it too - I'm looking forward to it!

      Delete
  2. Ha Ha, what a fun Idea. I'll be busy, but I can imagine it's a fun way to spend a Friday night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun way to stay in :-)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like fun. Will see if I can make, you know after I have checked my diary cos it is a Friday night and all there might be a hot date lined up for me or something. Probably not but you know it is nice to dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we'd love to see you if you can fit us into your busy schedule ;-)

      Delete
  4. I don't know if I coul handle all the talk about vodka, or any alcohol for that matter, it's been waaaay too long since I've been able to consume any myself! Feel like I've been pregnant for years!

    #teamIBOT was here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Kylie! I feel your pain! With my three pregnancies and breastfeeding time, I had about 4.5 years without alcohol.

      Hope you're feeling well. Not long to go now!
      xx

      Delete
  5. That sounds super! Sadly, I'll miss this one, but will keep my eyes peeled for #vvow down the track. Virtual vodka sounds great. Actually, the whatever sounds even better. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rest assured, there will be more ☺

      Delete
  6. I've already told you that I'm in, even if it will be maybe just one glass of wine due to crazy Saturday morning sport commitments.
    The really good news is that my husband is going out with mates on Friday night, so I won't be subjected to "what are doinggggg" whines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whooppeedoooo!

      Tweet ya later ☺

      Delete
  7. Ooh, sounds fun - I only just got my very first twitter account (I know, late starter!) so would love to make new twitter friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you'll meet lots of funny people. Looking forward to tweeting you!

      Delete
  8. The last one was good fun. I'm not sure what I'm doing on Friday night but I'll try to at least pop in and say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Dang - I am going to be out and drinking vodka that night (a rare winter occasision where I actually leave the house). I will so be there in spirit though and if you remember - tweet me and I will buy you a virtual round lol :) Have fun chicks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep your phone on you, Sonia - I'll tweet you. Have a great time out and about ☺

      Delete
  10. I have to work this friday which makes me feel very sad right about now. One of these days.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jess, I really need to remember to run the next potential date by you, as you haven't been able to do ANY yet! There's always next time xx

      Delete
  11. Hee hee I look forward to it - remind me if I forget, or if I've had too vodkas and can't remember :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayayay! I've written myself a note to tweet ya if you forget ☺

      Delete
  12. I might have to get a cider and join you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...