29 August 2013

A Little List of Thankful

Francesca Writes Here

Just a quick one from me today.

I am writing this on Wednesday night. I'm generally tired on Wednesday nights after the work and MissyMoo routine, but I look forward to writing my Thankful Thursday post.

Not tonight.

Tonight I'm looking forward to my head touching down on my pillow. I've had a super sore throat for the past two days. It hasn't developed into anything else and I hope it won't, but it seriously feels like my throat is taking up half of my mouth when I swallow. And all I want to do is get some rest.

So, in the interests of brevity leading to the land of nod, I'll bore you with a list of thankful today instead of witty prose:

  • I am thankful that I have almost finished the "scribble edit" of my manuscript. What, another edit? Yes. I promise to blog about this soon ;-)

  • I am thankful for our getaway last weekend.

  • I am thankful for Hubby. When I looked at my desk calendar at work today, I realised it is nine years to the day since he proposed to me (and the desk calendar is next to our framed wedding photo - perfect setting really)

  • I am thankful that hosting Thankful Thursday makes me stop and consciously think about things I can be thankful for, even if I'm wearing my grumpy pants (or sucking on eucalyptus drops, as the case may be).

  • I am thankful I have some of these in my fridge to keep me going:






    8 comments:

    1. Lovely thankfuls. look forward to hearing about your edits!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks, hopefully next week :)

        Delete
    2. Lots of lemon, garlic and SLEEP will help bet the bot. Lots of nice things to be thankful for. xx

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Lucky my lemon tree is still going gangbusters. Off for another early night xx

        Delete
    3. God bless oranges and vitamin C! I don't usually eat them but lately...what with this blasted flu I've had for the past 2 months...I'll take them when I can!
      Get better soon!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Hope you are going to feel better soon Francesca. Take care of yourself and rest up as much as you can.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Rita. I'm doing my best but there's no rest for the wicked!!

        Delete

    Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...