08 August 2013

Thankful for Progress - A Writing Tale

Francesca Writes Here
 
Hi people! Welcome to another week where we stop and find something to be thankful for in our lives.
  
Although my week has been busy and tiring, I have found it quite easy to reflect on bits and pieces of thankful along the way.
 
The one thankful thing in particular which I'd like to share with you this week, is that I have made further progress on my novel (yes, this phantom novel you keep hearing so much about but have not yet seen!).
 
After I submitted it to a publisher back in May, I gave myself a couple of months off looking at it further. I needed a break from it and I wanted to approach reading / editing it with fresh eyes after some time away. The time-frame for the publisher's response has not yet passed, so I am kind of in limbo, but I am not sitting idly by! I have now finished my next edit and I'm am completely happy with the manuscript as it now is. Whatever happens with the big-wigs, I am ready to progress this book to the next stage! I have so many ideas around how I'd like my novel to look (because most of us do judge a book by its cover) and how to distribute it to people who might like to read it. I won't spit out my jumbled thoughts here, only to tell you that now that I am happy with the content, I am even more motivated to get it to a finished product.
 
So this Thursday, I am thankful for seeing progress with my book.
 
I'll leave you with a feel-good quote - I think consciously being thankful is a great way to do this:
 
 
 
 





14 comments:

  1. Good for you! May I remind you of the tragic tale of Confederacy of Dunces. He shipped that round from publisher to publisher, all of whom said no. He sadly died but his mum decided she'd get the book published and years, and years later, it was and won the Pulitzer! So if you get a no from this publisher, just keep trying, you might be ahead of your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lydia, you are a true gem xx

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that you have finished your next edit and are happy with your book - I am always in awe of people who write books - I think you are amazing !!
    Have the best day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exciting to hear. The first edit can be daunting. And whatever happens with the publisher you are ready to go. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi, it's definitely a milestone.

      Delete
  4. So exciting Francesca! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That's so wonderful for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zita - it's exciting!

      Delete
  6. Oh wow! That's amazing and so very exciting! Looking forward to hearing more as you progress... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, there's still a little way to go yet, but I'm getting there - bit by bit.

      Delete
  7. Non posso credere che trovi il tempo di scrivere oltre a tutto il resto che devi fare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nemmeno io! Scrivo solo quando le bambine dormano :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...