15 August 2013

Thankful Thursday: Smiles

Francesca Writes Here


As I was driving home very late on Tuesday night, the large, glowing half-moon smiled at me. The already stretched smile on my face grew broader and I just knew what I would be blogging about for Thankful Thursday this week.


 
This past week has been full of celebrations. There have been a few birthdays and a few separate opportunities to spend time with people dear to me.
 
Today I am thankful for amazing friendships, in many different parts of my life. Some which have stood the test of time since childhood, some which are much more recent than that, but still just as special.
 
I am thankful for the family I was born into, the family I have made and the friends I call family.
 
I am thankful for wonderful people putting so much love, kindness and effort into making other wonderful people feel great (you know who you are!).
 
I am thankful for laughter.
 
I am thankful for conversation.
 
I am thankful for the privilege of seeing a dear friend's reaction to a special gift and then her reaction to her surprise birthday gathering (all in the space of 15 minutes - it was full-on!)
 
 






6 comments:

  1. My cheeks still hurt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good times, Mrs B. May your cheeks continue to hurt for days to come xx

      Delete
  2. I am thankful right now that my parents have come down, are watching my daughter play soccer as we speak and then picking up the boys from daycare so I can work/do 6 piles of washing and have a bit of a break! Glad you have so many fab people in your life - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily xx

      How great are your parents?! Hope you get a chance to put your feet up in amongst all that work :-)

      Delete
  3. Isn't the moon amazing to look at sometimes? Makes me feel all shivery and in touch with the people throughout the ages who have done the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked simply stunning on Tuesday night - really big and clear. That's such an interesting thought.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...