05 September 2013

Springy Spring Spring

Check this out:


Did you see that? BUDS! On my tree!

This can only mean one thing: Spring has arrived!

I took this photo last week, which is exciting, as it means our tree was budding even before the calendar's page had flipped over to September. Now those buds have become (little) leaves. Less exciting is the fact that my Spring experience so far has been overshadowed by the most slowly progressing sore throat / cold in the history of the universe (I'm conjuring up in my mind a separate blog post on that one). But it's Thankful Thursday, so I mustn't complain.

In my neck of the woods, the weather hasn't disappointed either. Beautiful warm days, sunshine and not-cold-enough-to-require-a-heater-to-remain-thawed nights. It is even warmer than it was on our recent weekend away. Remember my excitement at having been at the beach and pool in August? (Incidentally, this was immediately followed by the most slowly progressing sore throat / cold in the history of the universe.) Well, there's probably good reason people in the southern hemisphere don't go swimming at the beach and pool in August, actually. Cough, cough. Lesson learned.

You may take away my voice, but you can't take away my enthusiasm!

If you haven't already guessed, this Thankful Thursday, I'm thankful for Spring.

Francesca Writes Here






13 comments:

  1. Oh no - those lingering colds / sore throats are a really pain in the jack. We both thought we were coming down with something when we were in Tassie but then realised that it was having the heater on every night and not putting a bowl of water out !!!! I hope you manage to get rid of the lurgy soon.
    I'll be linking up later - have the best week !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm getting there! Thanks for linking up :)

      Delete
  2. I'm thankful for Spring too. I'm loving being able to sit outside in the yard and play with my girls. It's warm enough and not too hot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's perfect. Especially with little ones, summer can be just too hot to be out in the middle of the day :)

      Delete
  3. Yes, we have the same things to be thankful for!!!! I am loving spring. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting there, Eva. Thanks :)

      Delete
  4. Loving the Spring weather and the scent of jasmine in the air :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Spring SMELLS so good too :)

      Delete
  5. I miss buds on trees in spring, it's always too warm here in SEQ! Happy Thursday lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice problem to have though! Thanks, happy Thursday to you too my dear xx

      Delete
  6. I'm so thankful for spring too! There's nothing that lifts the spirits like the promise of warmer weather is there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better soon. I was on the brink of something at the start of the week but thanfully i am still taking pregnancy an breast feeding multi vitamins or I reckon it would have turned very nasty.
    I am loving the weather in Sydney at the moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What part of the world are you from? Australia perhaps? Lol In september we call that Fall but the leaves haven't started to fall from the trees yet. Soon there will be snow Oh Yes . I'd love to see spring in September though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...