19 September 2013

Thankful for Thankful Thursday

Francesca Writes Here
 
I've said it before, but I am thankful for Thankful Thursday.
 
Lately I've been doubting whether I'm the right person to host this link up and whether I even want to do it any more. Life's pace recently (who am I kidding - for a while now) has meant that if not for Thankful Thursday, I could probably let weeks slip by without writing a blog post. And I have a hunch that life will only get busier in future. I don't like being forced to blog - it's my hobby. And sometimes on a Wednesday night, when I sit down to write my Thankful Thursday post, I'm tired and clean out of ideas. Sometimes I think I should hand the Thankful Thursday baton onto someone more eager, more creative, more "bloggy" and let myself lapse into occasional blogging.
 
But that is precisely why I am continuing on with Thankful Thursday, why I am clinging to it with an iron grip, why determination sustains my writing.
 
Thankful Thursday gives me the weekly prod I need to snap out of the mundane and think a little differently, to find the good in things around me and to write about it.
 
 
 
I am thankful for my weekly prompt to fuel positivity within me - it's exactly what I need at the tail end of the week.






3 comments:

  1. I'm thankful that you're still hosting Thankful Thursday's ... even though I haven't been a very good linker upperer - until today! I know exactly what you mean ... my 365 Grateful Project keeps me accountable and stops me from lapsing from my blog for too long ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this linky !!! And, even though I haven't linked in this week (yet) due to A's birthday yesterday and a meeting for most of today, I am hoping to add a post this evening.
    I have three prompts for the week that I try to join in - #IBOT, Thankful Thursday and Things I Know (Friday) - they are ones that really speak to me that I feel I can contribute to and I would be sad, but totally understand, if you were to give it up. I hope you don't!!!
    Have the best day - love, hugs and positive energy !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. A weekly prompt like this is probably what I need! I just never seem to get around to linking...anywhere! Or even writing a thankful post. I have a calendar full of daily drafts going right into October and I just can't get time to get them done. Slow down life, you're moving too fast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...