13 September 2013

That'd Be Right

One of the downsides of hosting Thankful Thursday is that I run the risk of coming across as one of those overly positive, find the good in everything, isn't life wonderful people.

You know the type. They're the ones you just want to punch in the face when you're having a bad day (not that I've ever punched anyone in the face - but in my mind, I have done it plenty).



Well, this post should put those concerns to rest.

I have recently become rather fed up at stuff which I don't seem to be able to do smoothly. Stuff that everyone else seems capable of managing but which just has to be the opposite of plain sailing for me.

Common cold

 

Do you remember how I recently had the most slowly progressing sore throat / cold in the history of the universe? Most people get a cold, take some tablets and then they're right as rain within a few days. Not me. I react to the good stuff in all that medication, so I have to see it through the old-fashioned way. Now, nearly three weeks after it began, my voice is just about normal. Great, considering I was sliding around a scale ranging from no voice, to foghorn, to sounding like a drag queen for about a week there. Now MissyMoo3 is sick (again), I've had a sleepless night and I'm chugging down vitamins and veggie juice like there's no tomorrow in the desperate hope of avoiding a repeat performance.

Pregnancy
Bleeds. Scary as hell, particularly after having been through a miscarriage.
Gestational diabetes. Pain in the rear end. Pain in the fingers too with all that blood sugar testing.

Birth
One stuck with severe shoulder dystocia and first apgar score of zero.
One had a "show" at 35 weeks with the warning from the midwife that I could go into labour at any time. Cue walking on eggshells for three weeks waiting for the non-event until she was induced at 38 weeks.
One born in an ambulance.

Newborns
Hips. No swaddling, no bath for the hell of it. Legs splayed out. Weekly baths at the physio.



Working mum
You go to work and send your kids to daycare, right? Right, unless you're me and you've had the winter from hell, when your youngest child seems to need only look at another child from a distance of 100m to come down with whatever germ infestation said child is playing host to. Yes, it's Spring, but our winter from hell ain't over yet.

So yes, I'm feeling a bit flat today and having a bit of a whinge. I could go on, but I'll spare you.



I know plenty of people have it worse (in my personal life and out in blogland) and there's plenty of good stuff going on my life too. But it's not Thankful Thursday today, so I'm allowing myself not to look for a positive spin on the crap life throws at us.

9 comments:

  1. Sending lots of love filled fairy wishes and butterfly kisses lovely lady. It's always goos to get it out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I feel for you. Yes, plenty of people have it worse, but that doesn't mean you're not entitled to the occasional moan. It's a tough time of year too, with coughs and colds around. It does nothing for the self esteem of a working parent having to do so much compromising. Hopefully the sun will come out more often from now on (literally and metaphorically!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lara. I hope so too :)

      Delete
  3. Moan away, it's your blog! Sometimes we just have to let it out, better out than in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes, an occasional whinge can do wonders xx

      Delete
  4. Oh no - sounds like it is getting a bit much for you. It sucks when it all seems to happen at once and when you have a little darling who picks up everything going at kindy it is so hard because she invarably comes home and shares it with the rest of the family !
    Sending heaps of love, hugs and positive energy and other than what you are doing, no suggestions for what you could do to get rid of that horrible cold.
    Me xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's been a tough winter. Last night was her first night fever free in a few days and my first full night's sleep in ages. Feeling better for it!

      Delete
  5. You know Francesca, everyone deals with situations differently and that's fine. I'm proud to say that I'm pro whinging, let it all out and then, you usually feel much better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...