16 September 2013

The Cuddliest Grocery Shop Ever

Saturday morning capped off a busy week during which I had not yet found the opportunity to do a grocery shop.

The first stop Saturday morning was to the dentist for a check-up. The whole family went along to get checked in one go. I went first, followed by MissyMoo3.

MissyMoo3 had been unwell all week. To describe her as sooky would be an understatement. Prying the little koala off me so the dentist could get a quick look in her mouth (according to the receipt it was a "comprehensive oral exam") was an interesting exercise. Post dentist appointment, I escaped with MissyMoo3 to the supermarket while Hubby stayed with the big MissyMoos for their turns.

MissyMoo3 did not want to let go of me in the supermarket. Freaked out by the scary man in the mask trying to look in her mouth as well as being quite tired from all her crying, she refused to sit in the trolley. So, with an almost 2-year-old on my hip, I proceeded to do the grocery shop one-handed. It was a little awkward and slow-going -pushing the trolley with one hand as it got fuller and heavier was a little challenging. MissyMoo3 must have been comfortable, though, as she fell asleep with her head on my shoulder. I got a lot of smiles from old ladies. Despite my tiring arm, I was pretty chuffed about it too.

Having perpetually inhabited baby/toddler land for almost seven years now, I thought I had done it all, or at least most of it. But that is the first time I've literally single-handedly done a grocery shop with a sleeping toddler koala :)

4 comments:

  1. I can just imagine how sore your arm must have been at the end of that shop. But, it's good to have the upside of lots of cuddles !!
    I truly hope that this is a better week than you have had for a while.
    Love, hugs and heaps of positive energy for you and all your family !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, here's hoping for a week of wellness!

      Delete
  2. She's the most gorgeous koala I know! Hope she feels back to her normal healthy self soon. Enjoy the cuddles while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a great effort! I honestly don't think I could do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...