03 October 2013

MissyMoo3 Turns 2!

Apologies for the Thankful Thursday absence last week. We were away visiting family for the school holidays, so I decided to take a break from blogging as well as working.

While we were away, something pretty important happened: my baby turned 2!


We were staying with Gran and Soot on her birthday, so she had a birthday party at their house on the day. Her cousins came over too, so with six kids aged six and under (and seven adults), it was quite a party!

MissyMoo3 was very lucky and got lots of lovely presents. She also gave presents to her sisters and cousins. She loved handing presents out almost as much as ripping the paper on her own and we thought it was a nice thing to do, particularly as she doesn't see her cousins all that often.



They had a great time playing party games (thanks for organising them all, Soot!), eating party food and playing with the decorations. It was a really hot day too, so it felt like a summer holiday. Just perfect.

The birthday celebrations didn't end there. A couple of days after we got back , we popped by Gina's place and this was waiting for us:

Notice the vehicle in the picture? Well, you can't have a MissyMoo3 birthday without a reference to an ambulance! Don't know what I'm talking about? Then you should read her birth story. (No, I'm not traumatised enough to miss an opportunity to flog a blog post! But we have skipped town each birthday so far - last year we were in Canberra.)

So this Thankful Thursday, I'll take the opportunity to express how thankful I am for my baby girl (who isn't a baby any more) and for our family and friends who love us and who have given best wishes and gifts to our little one.

MissyMoo3, you seem like a little girl now, not a baby any more. You are a lovely thing, sweet but full of spunk at the same time. I love the koala cuddles you give me and your sweet little kisses on my cheek. I love what you say and the way you say it. I love how you love your big sisters and want to follow them everywhere. Age two is going to be fun and even more awesome than before!
 
 

Francesca Writes Here






12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your little big girl! I'm loving the pink ensemble on the table - we're planning a pink piggy party for my little big Miss' 2nd birthday in December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bec. It was a beautiful set up, wasn't it? A piggy party sounds perfect for a little girl!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday MissyMoo3!!! My little big boy is 2 in December also! I think it's definitely going to be a backyard 'car' party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eva. I remember you mentioned a car party earlier. I think that sounds like lots of fun :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post Francesca! Huge Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! My daughter is two and I'm really enjoying this age. Those cupcakes are making me hungry! They look divine. And I love the story about your daughter having fun handing out the presents, as much as getting them. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, happy birthday to your little one! 2 is such a fun age. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Camille. Yes, it certainly is, just adorable.

      Delete
  6. WOW hunny I knew never our babies were so close, just over two weeks difference in age! Isn't 2 just the best age ever -although my boys is UBER cheeky being the youngest of three, I bet your MissyMoo3 is the same! But a very belated Happy Birthday - and 'birth' day to you - I've had so much going on IRL I've been a bit slack recently. Have a great week :) Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, with everything you've had going on, I'm surprised you've been online at all. Thanks for the birthday wishes - she's every bit two now!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...