26 November 2013

MissyMoo1's 7th Birthday

Today is my beautiful, amazing, lovely MissyMoo1's 7th birthday.


Can you believe I have a seven-year-old? Neither can I - I'm far too young to have a seven-year-old! [flicks hair vainly]

Although it's her birthday today, as you may already know, we here in casa di Francesca are big fans of the birthday week and so the celebrations obviously began prior to today. MissyMoo1 had a birthday party on Saturday with 14 of her closest friends (!) plus her two sisters. She didn't do the birthday party thing last year (bless her) so we said she could this year.

What do you do for a 7th birthday party when you're smack bang in the middle of moving house? No, we did not have it at home - we're not that crazy! (You thought I was going to say we had it at home, didn't you? Have some faith in me, people!) MissyMoo1 had suggested ice-skating, however, I promptly dismissed that idea at the image which immediately popped into my head of having to chase my two-year-old around the ice...

It was agreed that a gymnastics party would be the way to go - soft mats for her sisters to play on if they didn't want to/couldn't join in the circuit. And with food and lolly bags provided, I was all for it. All we had to provide was the cake.


They had a wonderful time. MissyMoo1's friendships this year have really strengthened and blossomed. I was so happy to see them all playing together so nicely. She has friendships with a great group of kids and I couldn't be happier for her.

Yesterday, at her weekly school assembly, she was presented with a birthday certificate and the kids all said a prayer together for the children having birthdays that week. It was very sweet.

Today she got an extra special lunch order and tonight Hubby made her favourite dinner. He's the best.

Beautiful girl, we're sorry that your birthday has been surrounded by so much hectic activity and stress, but we hope you know how incredible you are and how much we love you. Happy birthday to the best big girl ever!

1 comment:

  1. I bet she had a ball, and that is still quite an effort considering all you have going on! Happy birthday to MissyMoo and happy 'birth' day to you lovely! My boy is 4 on the 17th and I have no idea what to do, I was too late to organise a party :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...