27 November 2013

Moving Day


Today is our official moving day. The phone line has been moved to our new place, the internet is out of action and so I put pen to paper.

This morning was crazy busy, but I am so glad we organised things the way we did. All three MissyMoos were ready and we were out the door before 7:30am. Hubby was not working today so he could do some moving, and he was up and at 'em super early, taking bed frames apart and getting everything ready for the removalists. Just as I was leaving with the MissyMoos, the truck pulled up.

I dropped MissyMoo1 (7) off at B's and B took her to school with her kids (as it was way too early to drop her at school at that time), then I drove the 40 minutes to Nonna and Par's house to leave MissyMoo2 (4) and MissyMoo3 (2) there for the day, then I turned back and backtracked 20 minutes to go to work.

When asked by a colleague why I was at work on moving day, I honestly replied: "To escape." Poor Hubby, I think he got the raw end of the deal having the day off work! But he worked hard with the moving - he did wonderfully and the place looked great when I got home in the evening.

There are still some things left to bring over from the old house, but the big stuff is done and we're sleeping in the new place tonight, so we can safely say:

WE'VE MOVED!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! That's great Francesca! Hope all is well in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got this in my inbox today, very late! But I hope the new abode is fab, look forward to more news soon! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...