12 December 2013

Advent Calendar 2013

Amidst all the crazy business of the past few weeks, I still managed to put together an Advent calendar for the MissyMoos, albeit a relatively effortless one.

If you were reading my blog last Advent, you'll know that I'm not into chocolate Advent calendars. So I made another activity-based calendar this year.

The first thing to do was to put together a list of activities. I did this with a little help from the calendar, as some days call for quick things and other days can be more involved, depending on what we have on:


Here's a close-up so you can get a better idea of what the activities are:


Thankfully, I still had the numbers I used last year stored on the computer, so I just printed those off again and stuck them onto envelopes.


I then cut out the activities, put each in the corresponding envelope and there you have it. It's not a craft-blogger's masterpiece, but it's a time-poor parent's Advent calendar! And I managed to get it done the day after Advent started - not too bad at all ;-)

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea lovely! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if I should still do this despite the fact we are close to Xmas, sure they kids would love it! Great list BTW x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never too late to start (unless, of course, Christmas is over). I find it's a nice way to have a little bit of Christmas in each day :-)

      Delete
  3. Love it Francesca. For a time poor parent you have done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina. So far so good. Today the Christmas craft is working a treat at giving them some down time :-)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...