21 December 2013

Playgroup Christmas Party 2013

I've blogged before about co-ordinating playgroup. B and I have continued on with it all this year. To be honest, I thought I would have blogged about it more, writing about craft ideas or other fun stuff, but for whatever reason, it has for the most part slipped under the radar this year.

For the last playgroup session of the year, we always have a little Christmas party. Everyone brings a plate, kids get in their swimmers and play with the hose, "graduating" kids (and parents) are given certificates and all kids get a small gift along with some reindeer food.

This year was no different, with great weather for water play and a magnificent spread:


The lovely playgroup parents and carers were a bit sneaky and organised a gift each for B and I:




I drink my cup of coffee from it every morning!

Unfortunately, one of the "graduating" parents was B herself, which means that I will be taking on the running of playgroup on my own next year. I have already had a few offers of help, which is lovely. I will miss B and I wish her all the best for the next phase of her life, having all three of her children at school and I hope playgroup can flourish again next year, as it did in the later half of this year with the influx of a few new families and gorgeous little ones.

4 comments:

  1. How lovely of the other playgroup parents to give you a gift! I'm sure you'll do brilliantly running playgroup next year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cup! It's nice to receive something sometimes to signify appreciation for your efforts. Hope you enjoyed that spread!! Looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes the spread was great - so much sugar!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...