02 January 2014

A Thankful Thursday


I think this is the first Thankful Thursday I have participated in since Rhianna took over the reins from me. I didn't mean for it to be so many weeks between thankful posts, but blogging time hasn't exactly been at a premium for me recently.

The other day, I saw this photo on my computer:


I took it a couple of months ago with blogging in mind, but never got around to including it in a post. It sums up so much of what I have to be thankful for in my life right now.

  • My three gorgeous MissyMoos - the family Hubby and I have created together, three gorgeous individuals growing and transforming before our eyes, loving us, trusting us and fulfilling us.

  • Our lifestyle - our local playground by the water, untouched by high-rises, where we can chase errant seagulls, potter in the tinny and happen upon people we know. This is why we left city life all those years ago. This is what we wanted for our family.


There are times when the costs and stresses of building can get us down (yes, already, even before a brick has been laid!), there are times when balancing work and family feels like a continual struggle. But maybe if I look at this picture it will help me to remember that we're almost there. This is it. This is why we do what we do. This is what matters. This is the reason. This makes me so thankful.

14 comments:

  1. Your comment " balancing work and family feels like a continual struggle." just reminds me that balancing life is a struggle - so many things to fit in. Everything at a cost of something else...(that's not meant to read gloomily, just a fact). I guess what it's really about is priorities, and putting yours first (and yours may be different to mine or hers, but all of us need to work out what ultimately needs to be done when -and that, is the trick. Not one that I've mastered!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a constant balancing and rebalancing act - we can't ever become complacent!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful moment you've captured! I hope 2014 is good to you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, same to you :-)

      Delete
  3. Lovely! Yes, children are everything. They are often the cause of pain and the reason for happiness. So much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is all that matters, the ones you love. Keep looking at that picture. Have a great 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wonderful to have you join in with #thankfulthursday my dear. This was such a beautiful post. So much to be thankful for. Sending lots of fairy wishes and butterfly kisses your way for a fantastic 2014

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhianna, I'm so happy to have finally linked up. Sorry it took so long.

      Delete
  6. That is a great photo. Good luck with the house build, nearly 18 months on I have nearly recovered from ours!! Happy new year to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, you're scaring me!

      Happy new year to you too :-)

      Delete
  7. Bless this photo is just divine - they seem to be growing so fast! I hope that things are going smoothly in the abode world! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily. Yes, they're growing too fast. Things are going well, thanks. Settling down a bit for now :-)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...