10 January 2014

Francesca's Festa of Favourites: January 2014

Welcome to another year of the Festa!

I started this linky a year ago, BB (i.e. before Bloglovin) as a way of bookmarking my favourite posts in a given month and to allow others to share their favourites too.

I love being able to share posts from other bloggers and I feel like we have the beginnings of a little Festa community coming together here.

To celebrate the first anniversary of the Festa, I have created a bloggy button for this linky:

Francesca Writes Here

It also appears on my sidebar. Feel free to add it if you link posts to this link-up or if one of your posts has been added by someone else.

Background
 
For anyone who's new to the link-up, here's some background: "Festa" in Italian means a celebration, a party. This link-up is a place where you can place links to your favourite posts in a given month, but here's the difference: they don't have to be posts you've written (although they can be). You can link to any post for the month that, for you, has been a must-read, that you're proud of, or that you think is entertaining.

I add some of the posts, from blogs I read regularly, so you might see the same bloggers cropping up over the months. I make no apology for that - I love being able to use this space to bookmark my favourite blog posts for the month.

But, more importantly, I love seeing what everyone else likes reading and it makes me smile til I get dimples when other people add their favourites to this festa. So feel free to link up as many of your favourite posts as you like during the course of the month.

(Let me know in the comments if you have trouble with the link and I'll try to fix it.)


Pick of the December bunch (in my humble opinion)

Each month I like to choose a post from the previous month's linky party to showcase. I think it's a great way of showing off other bloggers in my own little corner of blogland. To check out all the posts linked up in December, click here.

The December Festa Favourite is:
 
 For the Girls from Blonde Ambition.

In this post, Brooke shares her story of some amazing friendships born from tragedy which have stood the test of time. Go and read it!
 
Now, let's see what goodies you bring along to Francesca's Festa of Favourites in January 2014. Happy linking!





10 comments:

  1. What a unique and awesome idea. I stumbled my way here, you know the one page leads to another journey, and got so excited to be able to add a link to a great read I didn't write, and one I did of course.
    Have a fabulous Festa and i will be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Karen. And thanks for linking up :-)

      Delete
  2. Love this link up, Francesca. Congrats for keeping it up for over a year! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! I nearly through in the towel a couple of months back - being busy and not getting a huge response - but I'm hoping to grow it a bit this year :-)

      Delete
  3. This is a great linky Francesca, I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to participate more often. I have linked up one of my own this month, as well as one written by Grace that I thought was just so beautifully written, despite her grief. Happy 2014 Francesca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on continuing this linky for a year Francesca! I'm participating today by linking '5 Good Things..' from Random Acts of Zen. The simplicity of it really struck a chord with me. And I'll put the button in my sidebar too. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just getting around to reading this now, that is how far behind I am with blogging recently. Paid work has taken precedence but I've just finished 12 rewrites of big websites and YAY so now I'm back - Great button BTW :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am chuffed you added me (and slightly confused cos it's been a long weekend...a loooong weekend). Anyway, I might come back in the morning and add someone else's (pay it forward if you will) but I am too tired, got 3 loads of washing, and in a daze...but u have made my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I added A post by Always Josefa, not because I agree with what she says (you can see in my comment to her, I disagree) but I loved the way she said it. Very talented writer, that lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...