08 January 2014

Frozen

A strange title for a blogger sweltering in an Aussie summer, but I'm not writing about the weather. Well, not my weather.

We launched the new year with a milestone: MissyMoo3's (2) first time at the cinema and, consequently, the first time the five of us have been to the movies all together as a family.

We saw, you guessed it
Image source
For a great rundown of the messages in this movie, check out this post from Where the Wild Things Were. 

My post isn't a review - it's just a post.

MissyMoo1 (7), Hubby and I all liked it. I loved the music. I got a bit teary during some of the "sister" themed scenes - having a little sister of my own as well as having three daughters, it was bound to happen. MissyMoo1 wants us to buy the movie on DVD (as with every other movie ever made...)

MissyMoo2 (4) was a little scared during the stormy scenes but when we spoke about it afterwards, we focused on what she liked about the movie, like the snowman. She's a sensitive one, but no nightmares yet, thankfully.

MissyMoo3 (2) sat still for a lot longer than I thought she would, I'll give her that. Then she stood on the edge of her seat and held onto the top of the seat in front (much like she does at church). At least we were sitting in the back row. Actually, the back row was the best place for us and the cinema had these cool booster seats for the kids so they were sitting up just as high as us (yes, it's been a while since I've been to the movies with the kids ... or maybe this was my first time ... not sure...). I started off holding onto her by the back of her dress, but Miss Independent wouldn't have a bar of that. It was all good until she fell into the abyss onto the dark floor. It was pitch black down there and I couldn't see a thing, so I just had to reach down and scoop her up. I got at least half an hour of cuddles on my lap from then, so it wasn't all bad.

It had been so long since I had been to the movies, that I had forgotten how much I like it - the huge screen in front of your eyes, the darkness blocking out all other distractions, the surround sound pulling you into the movie. It was the first time we all ventured to the movies together, but it certainly won't be the last.

2 comments:

  1. Frozen is such a beautiful family movie isn't it? I have read a few people say they thought it was too scary but I didn't notice any of that and neither did the girls. Glad you had such a lovely time, it is so expensive getting to the movies as a family that you really want it to be fantastic don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was a bit scary for my four-year-old but it was fine for everyone else. Yes, it's great when you fork out all that money and it's an enjoyable experience!!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...