01 January 2014

Here's to 2014 - Happy New Year

With the coming of the new year, I expect to see (and have already seen) an abundance of "resolutions" blog posts out there in the blogosphere. Some people choose one word to be their word for the year.

This isn't really one of those.

This year ...


... I just want to keep doing what I do, but better. (Hang on, that still sounds a bit like a resolution).

I think that the way I can do this can be summed up in one word: LOVE. (There's the one word - okay, okay, it is one of those posts)

If I cook a meal with love, rather than grouching about how tired I am, the meal tastes better. If I look upon my children with love instead of a critical eye, their mood lifts and they feel better. If I do something nice for Hubby instead of nagging him about stuff, he feels more positive.

There's a lot of stuff written out there about putting yourself first. This is not what I believe or want to live in my life. Don't get me wrong, we can't forget ourselves. We need to care for ourselves - it's very important to make time to do what fulfils us. But not to the point of being selfish. Not at the expense of those we love.

When we love unconditionally, we put others first. I put Hubby and the MissyMoos first because I want to, because I love them. And because they love me, they don't take advantage of that. It's mutual caring, loving, pieces of a puzzle fitting snugly together. It's not a perfect world, and sometimes the pieces don't fit, but this is what I strive for.

Similarly, if I strive to do what I do in my everyday life (e.g. working, blogging, volunteering at playgroup, self-publishing my book) with love in my heart, I will be more motivated, feel more positive and hopefully dispel the feeling of that thing becoming a chore before it takes hold and weighs me down.

So, this turned out to be a new year's resolution post after all. On the first of January. Who would have thought? ;-)

Happy new year everyone!

5 comments:

  1. I love your non resolution resolution post! I totally know what you mean about the not putting yourself first but still making time to ensure at least some of your needs are met. Sending you lots of fairy wishes and butterfly kisses for 2014, here's to a great year ahead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhianna, all the best to you too :-)

      Delete
  2. Not a truer word has been spoken, I must try REALLY hard to nag less to hubby and kids and if they knew I made tea with love they might enjoy it more! This post really made me think! Happy and healthy 2013 to you lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily, it's not foolproof (and the kids still don't eat their tea!) but it's definitely an attitude I want to try to make part of everyday life this year :-)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post Francesca! Happy New Year 2014 full of good things! Best wishes to you and your family! I've been very bad at blogging and commenting lately because my parents are here from Canada. But I had such a great time with them!
    I hope 2014 is holding fantastic things for you: good health, happiness, peace and lots of success!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...