12 February 2014

Publishing: All Systems Go!

So, some of you who follow my page on Facebook may have recently seen this:


Well, in the past couple of weeks, so much has happened.

First of all, I decided to go for all the bells and whistles in my self-publishing package. I figured if I was going to do this, I might as well do it wholeheartedly!

I then spent a few hours one night reviewing my manuscript's formatting so it accorded with the requirements pre-typesetting. Can something be both boring and exciting at the same time? Who am I kidding, it wasn't boring at all. As I was speed-reading, looking for double spaces after full-stops to remove, the excitement built and built as I realised that people - any people who wanted to - might soon be reading my book!

The turnaround time for typesetting my sample chapter was incredibly quick. And then today, a couple of days before I expected it to be ready, THE WHOLE INTERIOR IS DONE!!! (Unfortunately I haven't been able to check it out yet because my home computer is chucking a tanty). I can't wait to see it. And next up is the cover.

As far as timing goes, the book should be ready in a couple of weeks. After that it will take a couple of weeks for it to be available through online bookstores like Amazon, Bookdepository etc, but I'm hopeful that by the end of March, it should be widely available.

In the meantime, I have been working on a website. It's pretty basic and I will reveal all once my cover design is in (so I can have it up on the site). Exciting times ahead in the land of books!

Thanks so much to everyone who has followed me on this with all my ramblings. Stick around - this is where it gets exciting!

7 comments:

  1. I'm a wee bit excited for you!! And me, I can't wait to get a copy and read it! Congrats and I hope all the house and life stuff is running smoothly also! Em x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Can't wait! This is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm so excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so exciting! I'm so happy for you Francesca! Can't wait to have more news about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooooooo happy for you - I know how this has been like a baby to you !!!
    I can't wait to see it. Have the best weekend !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done to you! Such an exciting thing to do. I'm looking forward to seeing your book. Your book!!, x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Squuuuuuuealllllll How exciting hun. OMG I cannot wait to see the book!!!! Congratulations xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...