08 March 2014

I'm a Published Author!

Introducing you to Francesca, the author:


Yes, people, I can now legitimately call myself a published author! It turns out, there wasn't time for a countdown blog post as I had hoped to do (bad blogger!) - Returning is already published!

Words can't describe how excited I am feeling right now - and that's saying a lot from someone who just wrote a book! I'm currently waiting for a shipment of copies to keep for myself and for local distribution. The idea that I might finally be able to hold this work in my hands, that it is a tangible achievement, is something I think will only really sink in when I open the box and grab a copy, experiencing first hand the sensation of physically holding my book.

I'd like to thank all the people who have already reserved their copies or bought online - your support means so much and I hope the book lives up to your wishes, hopes and expectations. I acknowledge that it has not received a publisher's "tick of approval", but at the same time I am proud of myself, that I have taken charge of this myself, that I've done it my way, turning my work into a real book without waiting around for a big publisher's acceptance.

I also thank Publicious, a brilliant self-publishing facilitator. This is not sponsored in anyway. I think they did a very professional job of assisting me in publishing this book. Their service and communication was excellent, taking the difficulty out of quite a daunting task. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is considering self-publishing as an option.



So, what's this book about anyway? Here's the back cover blurb.


Rita is 29, married to her soul mate and a mother to two adorable young daughters. She has always thought of a new year as a clean slate, but one New Year’s Day is a clean slate like no other, when Rita wakes up as her 16-year-old self, living her 16-year-old life. 

Piero is a loner. The only recent exception to his solitude had been his close friendship with Rita’s sister until her sudden death. Now he finds himself instrumental in helping Rita make sense of the new direction her life has taken.

A thought-provoking story, Returning seamlessly invites the reader into both adult and teenage mindsets and tackles the what-ifs. What if you were able to live your teenage years with the wisdom of your adult mind? What if you met your partner at a different time? What if your regrets could be re-written?
Is this something you might be interested in reading? Would you like to get your hands on a copy? Here's how.

Returning is available from a number of online booksellers in paperback and ebook form. Click on the link of your preferred bookseller below to check it out:

Paperback
Ebook
Also, if you are a member of Goodreads, you will find Returning listed there too, ready to add to your "To Read" shelf.

I update my author website regularly as new information becomes available, so I'd love for you to check it out: www.francescasuters.weebly.com

Thanks so much for all your kind words and encouraging comments over the last few months. I hope those of you who decide to read it get as much enjoyment out of it as I have.


14 comments:

  1. Congratulations Francesca! You definitely deserve to feel excited!!!!
    The blerb has sucked me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, well done, well done!! An admirable achievement and so worth all your tireless work. I hope it goes viral in Plague proportions! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bron! I hope so too!

      Delete
  3. A HUGE congrats you fabulous woman. This is such an incredible moment for you hun so soak every last minute up and I hope the offers for your next 10 book contract start rolling in soon. Well done - seriously WELL DONE! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sonia. Oh I am truly soaking up all the excitement! And I can always daydream about what might come next :-)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, Francesca! That's such fantastic news! Will have to look into getting myself a copy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Grace. I hope you enjoy it :-)

      Delete
  5. Congrats again Francesca! I have added your book on the TBR shelf on Goodreads. You have so many reasons to be excited! Well done! I wish you a lot of success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita, I saw that you added it. I hope you enjoy reading it :-)

      Delete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS !!! I can't wait to get a copy - once all the moving is finished !!!! I am so pleased for you and I can only imagine how proud you are feeling !!!
    Wishing you lots and lots of happy readers and sales and many more books written !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! I am feeling proud ... and excited ... and if I'm honest a little nervous about what people will think. I hope I have happy readers!

      Delete
  7. I can not WAIT until I can read it. It's also so special reading a book written by someone that you 'know'! A big congrats to you and enjoy basking in the glory, you deserve it lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that's so fantastic!! Congratulations bella! Ti auguro grande grande successo. Baci xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...