09 March 2014

Land Ahoy!

One topic which I saw as blog fodder for 2014 has barely rated a mention and it is already March.

To recap, late last year, we sold our house of seven years, moved into a rental and chose a block of land to buy. And there the blog posts stopped.

We were due to settle on the land a few days before Christmas, but some delays with development meant that this did not go ahead as scheduled.

It was very stressful.

Particularly for people like Hubby and myself, who analyse everything to the nth degree. Having taken years to make this decision, the process stalling the way it did just gave us more time to second guess the decisions we had made thus far.

I would drive past the new block wondering if it would ever be ours. I would drive past the old house and look at it through rose-coloured glasses.

Yes, this is my dodgy attempt at designing rose-coloured glasses...

It felt like limbo. It was very unsettling. It was infuriating. But that's all in the past now.

On Valentine's Day, our land settled.

 
 
So now, we own the land. Our little patch of Australia. One essential step of many in this house-building journey has been completed.

 
 
Stay tuned! 

8 comments:

  1. YAY for your piece of land. I hope you can build your dream home and will be very happy there. We move on Friday and I just know we are going to be so happy, the dogs are going to love the extra space and my folks will be sooooooooo happy once their place is built and they move in.
    Have the best day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! All the best for Friday. I hope the move goes well. It sounds like you've made the right choice :-)

      Delete
  2. Great news to have land settled, but here comes the hard part - building. I'm sure you've done your homework, just make sure you are 'on' those builders to meet their deadlines! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome news, congrats!! I hope it all goes very smoothly and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the block of land finally settling! We've built a house before, it's both fun and scary all at the same time. Enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And now the real fun begins lol :) Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must be a relief! I hope the build goes well and you are in your new home very soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Delays frustrate me, so I can only imagine how that feels.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...