21 March 2014

Receiving Returning

On Tuesday, a much anticipated delivery arrived. Fifty copies of Returning.

When I got home from work, I looked at the boxes. The MissyMoos all wanted their cuddles followed by a myriad of other simultaneous requests, which I attended to, savouring the image of the closed boxes.

Once the tasks and distractions were done with, I approached the boxes slowly, deliberately. I carefully cut through the tape, to reveal this:


My book. My book, with my name on the cover. I could finally, after years of toiling and imagining, hold my work in my hands.

Over the past few days, I have felt like Santa Claus, distributing copies by hand to friends who have requested them. I am so thankful for the support I've received from my family and friends. The euphoria of the fact of this all happening has, I must admit, been tinged by nervousness - I am imagining all of these people reading Returning and wondering what they will think of it. I hope they enjoy it. So far, I have received positive comments from a couple of people who have begun reading, so I am a little relieved!

If you want to get your hands on a copy either physically (paperback) or virtually (ebook), www.francescasuters.weebly.com/books.html has a listing of online booksellers from which the book is available - just click on your preferred vendor and go from there.

Happy reading!

7 comments:

  1. I can not imagine how excited you must have been when that box arrived. I bet you savoured every single second opening it. Congratulations. I'm very happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome. Well done on your achievement xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so happy for you when I saw your post on FB! Congratulations Francesca! A lot of succes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. What a feeling x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you already know how proud I am of you chick and this must have been such an incredible moment for you. Congrats again huni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so great Francesca! I love seeing someone's dream come to fruition. What are your plans for marketing it? Are you having a launch? (sorry if I've missed a post detailing those things - just catching up tonight!) Most importantly, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great feeling that must of been, such a big project and I'm so happy for you. Here's to lots and lots of sales! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...