17 April 2014

Easter Egg Hunting Equipment (i.e. Baskets)

After my last craft blog post, I became motivated to engage in a little self-improvement.

For the last playgroup before Easter, there is traditionally a collective squeal of delight when the children discover that the Easter Bunny has come early to playgroup and dropped a few surprises. Just so we're clear, I'm talking about chocolate, not other bunny droppings surprises ;-)

Being an all-knowing grown-up, before we let the bunny out of the bag, I knew we needed some preparation. No little kiddy can go Easter Egg hunting without the proper equipment.

And so I got my craft on.

Are you scared??

First I got some big sheets of cardboard and drew templates on in pencil. The squares are 8cm x 8cm. I was able to fit four on a sheet as well as drawing the handles. We had yellow, pink, green and blue cardboard for the littlies to choose from.



After the adults cut the templates out, the kids got to work decorating. They used stamps, pencils, feathers, cellophane, anything at hand.

Here's MissyMoo2's (4) finished product.


Collecting the eggs was a lot of fun, but it was even better because they had somewhere cool to put them (besides their mouths - but there was a lot of that going on too!).

4 comments:

  1. Too cool, but you know me, not a crafter, except of words. So I ordered a copy of your book yesterday, should arrive next week says Fishpond :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks. Happy Easter to you too :-)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...