26 April 2014

Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert

Image source

I quite liked the first third of this book - being set in Italy, I immersed myself in my visualisation of the surroundings and descriptions of the language. That part hooked me in. After that section of the book, however, I struggled through it and had to force myself to finish it. The cynic in me just didn't believe that it really was a spiritual journey as described.


Book: Paperback. Borrowed from my local library.
Rating: I gave this 2 stars on Goodreads.
One-liner: Rather than being therapeutic, reading it felt more like penance.

1 comment:

  1. Like you, I was totally immersed in the first third of the book and was really disappointed when that part ended! I do like how Elizabeth Gilbert writes, but I agree with you: it's hard to believe that a journey can be so life-changingly spiritual when a time frame has been put on that journey.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...