04 April 2014

How Much Money Did You Spend Today?

Today Hubby asked me: "How much money did you spend today?"

At first, my mind jumped around noting the morning's movements, remembering the stop at the petrol station, trying to recall how much I had put on the credit card. I had completely missed the point of the question.

Say what?

We signed our building contract today.


Pages and pages of standard terms, special conditions, plan drawings. Initialling every page. Giving the little MissyMoos lollies to keep them entertained (didn't we pay for that later!). It was a big morning.

On a day like today, I felt grateful for my legal training and experience. I have no experience in building contracts per se, but I have seen plenty of contracts in my time. I think if I hadn't, the experience would have been very daunting. But today was okay. I wasn't flustered. I was kind of in work mode (except when taking a MissyMoo to the toilet or out for a nappy change - I don't do that at work).

As long as we don't chicken out during the cooling off period, we're building our forever house.

This may not exactly be the house we're planning on building

So, how much money did I spend today? Well lets just say we signed up to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars, of borrowed money.

Hmm, when I put it that way... Where's the Bailey's?


Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. It's actually scary when you write down all the money you spend in a day. I must get back to doing that. Because it's quite an eye opener! Congrats on being in massive debt, like the rest of us!!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats !!!! Welcome to the ranks of the "noose around our necks until our mortgage is paid off" club. Contracts give me the heebie jeebies - I don't know enough about them to be confident and wonder if we are getting screwed on something. We are about to meet with council regarding where we can build (for my folks at the bottom of our garden) and getting that whole process started - while exciting I'm not really looking forward to it.
    Have the best week !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how exciting!!! What a stressful and wonderful time you have to look forward to!! Stock up on Baileys and you'll be fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's exciting but scary at the same time, isn't it? But when you see how many others do it, you realise it's another step into well, adult life, I guess.
    Can't wait to hear about the progress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...