03 April 2014

Old Ducks Bookclub: Returning "Launch"

A couple of weeks ago, we had our monthly Old Ducks Bookclub gathering. They are generally very interesting catch-ups, during which we sometimes manage to talk about the book, or at least have the book on the table while we talk about other things.

Last month's meeting took place a couple of days after "Receiving Returning". So it was with great excitement that I showed up with a bag of books, feeling like Santa Claus ready to give them out.

It was with even greater excitement that Gina arrived with some very special home made cupcakes:


And so, the first book launch for Returning was held! Unofficial, spontaneous and with lots of laughter - I wouldn't have had it any other way.



There was a further delight in store - image their surprise when I told them to turn to the back page and they saw their names in lights! You'll have to imagine it, as I didn't take a photo - I should have had the camera ready then :-)


FYI:

There will be an official book launch coming up - it is in the planning stages at the moment. I'll write more about it when I have given it some thought.

I am linking this post up with Rhianna for Thankful Thursday, because I'm so thankful for all the support, love and excitement my friends have shown me through the writing and publishing process.


Thankful Thursday with APL

13 comments:

  1. Aaaw what a lovely story !!! So glad to hear that you had their support and such lovely gestures from them for your unofficial book launch !!
    Have the best day !
    Me xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your book Francesca - that is so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have loved being a part of this exciting journey with you Francesca! Your enthusiasm has been infectious! Can't wait till the official launch!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! I'm looking forward to it too :-)

      Delete
  4. Awesome, awesome, awesome!! I am going to get a copy today to take with me on holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann - I hope you like it :-)

      Delete
  5. That looks like so much fun!! I am involved with online book clubs and I tried to start one locally but we always ended up meeting and NEVER talking about the books... Some people hadn't even read the book! Haha, so it was really just a catch up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours can be a little like that at times, Sheridan, but I don't mind :-)

      Delete
  6. CUPCAKES! No better way to celebrate. Excited for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How super sweet is that. Congratulations again lovely, I will hopefully be ordering mine soon, so very exciting for you to be able to say you are a published author. Sending lots of fairy wishes and butterfly kisses your way

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to see that you had such lovely ladies to support you Francesca!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...