17 May 2014

Baby Phase Ending, One Step at a Time

Tonight we sold the cot.










Tonight we SOLD the COT













Okay, so MissyMoo3 (2) has been in a big girl bed since February and the cot had been resting in the garage since then, so we haven't actually been using it for a few months. I knew we would have to sell it before moving out of The Rented House, (because why would you move something you don't use?) but I was in a bit of denial.

Big girl bed - no more cot

For the first time in seven years, tonight our home will not contain a cot.

It's the end of an era and the second-last milestone before we reach the end of baby stage (we still have nappies in the house). We are edging closer to the end. We are edging closer to a new beginning. Part of me is feeling a little sad, not helped by my compulsion to look at baby photos of my children on the computer during times of nostalgia. But most of me is excited about what lies ahead.

6 comments:

  1. I remember when we disassembled our crib and being surprised at how emotional it was to remove such a tangible representation of the baby stage! Oh, this motherhood process is wonderful and bittersweet all rolled into one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is Robin, what a rollercoaster!

      Delete
  2. We sold ours when our 3rd was about 16 months as he threw himself over at 13 months and had to put him in bed that night for my peace of mind! It is a bit shock though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes!

      Yeah it is a shock. I've been in baby stage in one form or another for 7 and a half years. Time to move on :-)

      Delete
  3. We didn't have anywhere to store it and so the day we took it down we put her bed up. It's a big step selling all the baby stuff but there is so much to look forward to as your children grow.
    Have the best day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm looking forward to having 3 non baby kids :-)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...