07 May 2014

Interloper from the UK thanks to International Blog Swap Day

Did you know about International Blog Swap Day? Well, for today, I'm swapping blogs with the lovely Emma from Bubbablue. You can find my swap post on her blog too. Handing over to Emma now:
 
 
Bet you didn’t know there was an international blog swap day?!  I didn’t until I signed up for a swap exchange through Tots100 and Digital Parents, and pulled Francesca out of the hat.  So today you’ve got me guest posting (if you want to find Francesca’s post, she’s over here).  
 
So who am I?  I’m Emma, I’m from the UK and I blog over at Bubbablue and me.
 

 
 
I’ve been blogging around 2 1/2 years starting with a craft blog based around my jewellery makes.  But after having my son N, I realised I wouldn’t have much time for crafting.  I discovered parenting blogs, and decided to start my own blog to journal what we got up to as he grew.  My slant is that I’m not really a baby person; I’m not the sort of person to be cooing over babies or asking to hold them.  In fact, the worst thing about being a parent is having babies handed over to you as everyone presumes you have one, therefore you like them.  I suppose now I’ve had a baby, at least I know that I’m not going to drop them!
 
What else is going on with me?
 

  • I work full time currently as a project manager for a non-profit company, working in the area of resource management.  This takes me back to my geography roots, although sometimes I feel like a fish out of water on the technical side, as really my true love is market and shopper research or category management, where I’ve worked for most of my working life.  Let’s face it, if you like food, like shopping, and like people watching like I do, then shopper marketing has to be the job to be in!  Maybe in the future I’ll do that again.
  • I’m a farmer’s wife.  In the UK the stereotype is of a portly woman, bringing up animals amongst her children, baking lots, and being very homely.  Err, we have an Aga, I bake occasionally, and I do own Hunter wellies, so I’ve got some of the boxes ticked.  But I don’t really fit the stereotype.  And I don’t get involved on the farm in case they’re short on bodies for moving cattle or sheep.
  • I spend a lot of time on social media.  I think when you start blogging you never realise how much it will take over your life, but it definitely has mine.  I used to have hobbies (I danced – ceroc 4 times a week and a bit of west coast swing), but as those aren’t particularly family friendly activities, blogging is now my number one hobby. 
  • N’s now 3 years old, and considering I had no idea about children before having him, we’ve been lucky in that he’s been a fairly easy little boy to bring up (to date!).  Well, aside from toilet training, and that’s something we’ve only just gone through.

Over on the blog we blog about general life on and off the farm.  We're big readers so books feature highly, and after having had a year of water wobbles, we've cracked the swimming and that's another topic we blog about regularly.

So if you fancy checking out the blog you can find me at the following places
 
Thanks to Francesca for hosting me and to you all for reading.  Hope to chat soon.

8 comments:

  1. Nice to 'meet' you Emma and hear a little bit about your life over there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily. It's been nice being here. I've loved taking part.

      Delete
  2. Welcome to Oz, Emma. Thanks to you both for taking part in #IBSD14.=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda. It's been a good experience, and great to chat to Francesca. Hopefully everyone who takes part will get lots out of it.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for hosting me Francesca, nice to do the swap and hope you get some new readers out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of international blog swap day but it's great to discover your blog Emma! Now, off to see Francesca's post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita. Hope you enjoy. Here's hoping there's more of these blog swaps in future.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Rita. Definitely something that there needs to be more of in my opinions. Great to reach new readers and find new blogs

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...