18 May 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Okay, okay, so I'm a week late. Better late than never though, hey?

Although I didn't write a blog post about Mother's Day on Mother's Day (too busy enjoying Mother's Day), I did take some photos of its awesomeness in anticipation of blogging, so I can still call myself a blogger :-)

It was a great Mother's Day. Happier than in previous years because my expectations were much more realistic. I don't mean this in a sarcastic way. I just mean that I wasn't expecting or hoping for a day away from everything, a day of no responsibility or even a sleep-in. I was just looking forward to down-time with my family, to cuddles and smiles. And that is exactly what I got.

The MissyMoos all came into our bedroom early in the morning, excited to give me my presents. They jumped up on the bed and each took their turn giving me their beautiful hand-made creations. This was the first year that all three MissyMoos had something for me. (Last year MissyMoo3 [2] had been away sick from daycare the day they had made their Mother's Day gifts). I just love seeing the beautiful things the children make at daycare / pre-school / school. Their teachers are amazing and I hope they know how special their thoughtfulness can make a Mother's Day.

Hubby cooked an amazing breakfast. As a picture says a thousand words, allow me to describe my amazing Mother's Day breakfast in 4000 words:









We had nowhere to be and we just enjoyed one another's company. It was a great day.

Mmm, bacon...

6 comments:

  1. Wow - looks like a wonderful MD breakfast and so glad you got to spend it with your family !
    Have the best day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness what a lovely feast that was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum bacon indeed! So sweet! Love how they placed the bread!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...