07 June 2014

Francesca's Festa of Favourites: June 2014

 Let's have a Festa!! 

Welcome to the June 2014 edition of
 
Francesca Writes Here

 
Festeggiamo! (Let's party)
 
Background 

"Festa" in Italian means a celebration, a party (and, if you look around this blog long enough, you'll see that I'm a fan of throwing Italian words around). This is a place where you can add links to your favourite posts for a given month (this time, it's June 2014), but here's the difference: they don't have to be posts you've written (although they can be). You can link to any post for the month that, for you, has been a must-read, that you're proud of, or that you think is entertaining, written by you or anybody else.

I add some of the posts, from blogs I read regularly, so you might see the same bloggers cropping up over the months. I love being able to use this space to bookmark my favourite blog posts for the month. But, more importantly, I love seeing what everyone else likes reading - it helps me discover new blogs I might not otherwise have seen and it's a great way of sharing the bloggy love. So feel free to link up as many of your favourite posts as you like during the course of the month.

If you've linked a post or had one of your blog posts linked by someone else, why not add the button to your blog and help spread the word :-)

Also, each month I like to choose a post from the previous month's linky party to showcase. I think it's a great way of showing off other bloggers in my own little corner of blogland. This month, at the risk of creating work for myself, I'm going to write a little summary of last month's linked posts before highlighting one post in particular. Here goes:


May 2014 Festa Recap


Drumroll for the .... Pick of the May bunch (in my humble opinion)

The May Festa Favourite is:

Your Body Talks....Sometimes It Screams - Are You Listening? by Your Body Kinesiology.

 
This lovely lady is a friend of mine in real life - she is B's sister but has now become a friend in her own right in the past year or so. I had known she had been ill shortly before moving back to this area 12 months ago, but I had no idea of the severity of it or of the inspirational progress she has made since. I was moved to tears not once, but twice, reading her blog post.


 
Now, let's get this festa started for Francesca's Festa of Favourites in June 2014. Happy linking!





7 comments:

  1. I've just spent the most lovely couple of hours lost in blogland following all the links to the May stories. I haven't even managed to drink my cup of tea before it turned stone cold I was so caught up in all the wonderful blogs! Time to go put it in the microwave and hope that I have linked properly to a friends blog in the US. It's funny seeing their warm summery blog posts while we wrap up warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking Gina, I'm glad you enjoyed last month's posts xx

      Delete
  2. Oh awesome to have so many linkers! I'll be back mid June to hopefully post one of my favourite posts! Thanks for hosting and I hope you're having a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your body talks... was an excellent choice. So true. My body tells me when I'm getting sick by giving be a 'bone tired' feeling I rarely feel, only when something bad is about to happen health wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it really rang true for me too :-)

      Delete
  4. Some great posts here to add to my weekend blog reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...