04 June 2014

Play Dough at Playgroup

You've read about playgroup before. You've seen my play dough recipe before. Well I recently combined the two into a play-play-dough-group extravaganza!

You may think I'm exaggerating by calling it an extravaganza, but I most certainly am not. It was all kinds of awesome.

After dropping MissyMoo1 (7) off at school in the morning, MissyMoo2 (4), MissyMoo3 (2) and I headed back home for some serious play dough making. They, perched up on the kitchen bench stools, asked for all the colours of the rainbow while I got the ingredients out. I decided to be a clever clogs and, whenever a new colour was suggested, I would ask the little MissyMoos to tell me how we might make that colour using different combinations of the food colouring we had on hand.

I silently congratulated myself on turning it into an educational experience - usually I don't think of that stuff until later. Maybe I'm getting better at this parenting gig after all.

We ended up making orange, green, yellow, red and purple. Yeah, there was a lot of play dough.

It was a hit!

Being a sunny, still, warm autumn morning, I set up the craft tables outside our meeting hall on the grass. The kids were able to enjoy the sunshine and their play dough at the same time.



For the first time in a long time (notice I didn't say "forever" so as to not get the "Frozen" song in my head ... doh!), all of the children were sitting up doing craft all the same time for around 10 to 15 minutes. They were just so into it. It was remarkable. Jackpot! We'll be doing that again!

1 comment:

  1. I have this ridiculous fear of play dough lol. I know how much joy it brings to kids and yet I know how much it melts into a brand new much longed for rug haha. Yep I was one of THOSE parents who made her kids play with it outside. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...