28 June 2014

The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho

Image source
This was the Paulo Coelho book I had heard great things about. This was the Paulo Coelho book I have had in the back of my mind to read for years. This was the Paulo Coelho book I enjoyed.

I'll start off by saying it wasn't quite as profound as a lot of reviews had me believing and looking forward to. But that is the only un-positive thing I'll say in this short reflection.

I loved that this book was about the journey. All the little signs along the way led Santiago to the next point and it was the lessons he learned which got him there, which made him the person he turned out to be, which helped him to finally see what he had been searching for. It really was a metaphor for life, even a life not so obviously touched by divine intervention.

Book: Paperback. Borrowed from my local library.
Rating: I gave this 4 stars on Goodreads.
One-liner: I got a lot more out of this than Aleph. A great read.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got around reading that book Francesca and that you enjoyed it! I loved it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this many many years ago but didn't appreciate it then - I think I will have to dig it out and have another read of it - maybe I'll be more open to it now.
    Have the best day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't think I would have gotten as much out of it if I'd read it when I was younger.

      Delete
  3. Dare I suggest it as a Book Club read? We seem to have a few banked up already. Glad you are finding the time to relax with a book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be a good one for Book Club actually :-)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...