29 July 2014

33

I remember something in particular about Par (my dad) being 33. I remember saying to him: "You're the same age that Jesus was when he died."

Nice one, kiddo.

Well now I'm 33. It goes without saying that I will never do anything as profound as the greatest thing a 33-year-old ever did. But what does 33 hold for me?

First up, it's a pretty cool looking number. Only twice before have I been a double digit age with both digits being the same.

11 was a great rite-of passage time: finishing primary school and starting high school

22 also had important life-changing events: I was living independently for the first time - out of home and not in college - and some other serious stuff went on which shaped my adult life.

What does 33 hold for me?

Debt.

Okay, let's be more positive, shall we?


I'll be 33 when we move into our new home - something we've dreamed of, planned and lost sleep over at times, will be a reality.

I'll be 33 when MissyMoo2 (5) starts school. Crazy how quickly time flies by.

During the age of 33, we should become a nappy-free household. Awesome!

Towards the end of 33, Hubby and I will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and we'll do something special to mark the occasion. I'm already looking forward to that.


Have you been 33 yet? What were you doing / are you looking forward to doing at that age? 

12 comments:

  1. 33 hhhmmm ? When I was 33 we were waiting to hear if we had been accepted into Australia. My child turned 6 and we had been married for 11 years - so not very different to you.
    Enjoy your new home when you do get to move in !!!
    Have the best day !
    Me xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. 33, that's two years ago. I don't remember any life changing events at that moment of my life. For me, it was 30, that was definitely a turning point in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some AWESOME things to be happening at just 33! When I was 33 I had just found out I was pregnant with my 3rd - in 3.5 years!!! I will be nappy free this year, my 36th!! BTW, nearly finished your book - I don't really want it to end so going slowly... Rex and Rita have just met - LOVING IT! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, glad you're enjoying the book. Here's to the year of nappy-free!

      Delete
  4. 33 seems so long ago, even though it's only been 5 years! I'm pretty amazed at how I've come since 33. The last five years have definitely been the most important in finding my true self. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to what's ahead. Thanks Jodi :-)

      Delete
  5. hmm 33??? 33 was when I had my first accident so its certainly not my fave year. But it was also the age I was when my third son was born so it definitely makes it a special year xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully you had some good then too xx

      Delete
  6. I've always thought that 33 good number too and interestingly as a kid I used to wonder how I would feel by the time I got to the age Jesus was when he died. If two years off it now and I think my 33 will be shaping up to be a bit like yours - looking forward to a nappy free house will definitely be on the agenda :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny how we look towards certain ages as children :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...