13 July 2014

Loom Band Loonies

Do you remember the snazzy necklace MissyMoo1 (7) made me for my birthday? I love it, and I wear it quite often actually.

Anyway, my fashion choices are beside the point.

The point is that I have three loom band loonies in my house (yes, even the 2-year- old uses them).

Doesn't she just have the cutest little hands?
I resisted the requests for a while, fearing loom band explosions all over the floor which would be left to me to clean up. When I finally did capitulate, it was with stern warnings that any loom bands found on the floor or not packed up would be put in the bin.

I must say, they've been very good. Lesson learned by them: pack up and you might get what you ask for. Lesson learned by me: trust that your kids will pack up sometimes.

We've stored them in snap-lock bags - one per MissyMoo and an extra for communal loom bands.



They ask to get them out from time to time and make nice things for each other - for Hubby and I too (although Hubby's don't have any pink bands in them).

I love it that they work together and help each other and don't fight over bands (how could they? There are heaps per pack)


Aaaand, when they run out of s-clips, they get creative with their tying.


This is not a sponsored post, and to be honest, if a supplier of loom bands wished to supply me with more in return for a post, I don't think I could do it - we have enough of them!!

4 comments:

  1. I have not seccumbed to buying loom bands. i don't think my sanity would cope ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes it was touch and go with me for a little while. Sometimes if I'm having a bad day and see a loom band on the floor, it can be the straw that breaks the camel's back!

      Delete
  2. I love reading about siblings who can do things together and help each other - it's lovely and you clearly have done a great job with raising them !
    Have the best day !
    Me xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, you're lovely. They're good kids :-)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...