10 August 2014

Francesca's Festa of Favourites: August 2014

Here we are in August 2014!

(Yes, I'm aware that we're already 10 days in but there's still plenty of time left for a festa!)
 
 
Francesca Writes Here
 
Background 

"Festa" in Italian means "party" (and, if you look around this blog long enough, you'll see that I'm a fan of throwing Italian words around). This is a place where you can add links to your favourite posts for a given month (this time, it's August 2014), but here's the difference: they don't have to be posts you've written (although they can be). You can link to any post for the month that you wish to bookmark, written by you or anybody else.
 
Have you read or written something moving, funny, informative or otherwise awesome? Then let us know about it.

There are no rules here - it's pretty laid back. There is no obligation to read and comment on all the posts if you link up, but of course you can if you want to.

If you've linked a post or had one of your blog posts linked by someone else, feel free to add the Festa button to your blog and help spread the word :-)


July 2014 Festa Recap


Also, each month I like to choose a post from the previous month's linky party to showcase. I think it's a great way of showing off other bloggers in my own little corner of blogland. Here goes:


Drumroll for the .... Pick of the July bunch (in my humble opinion)

The July Festa Favourite is:
 
 
Peeling Back the Layers: The Good, the Bad and the Scarred by Sonia.


Whilst I've only linked to the first post of the series, you should check them all out. Through this series of posts, Sonia shares with us some deep, personal and traumatic events of her past. In doing so, she has expressed her sense of healing, but also demonstrated an enviable strength and determination (as has her husband). I literally had tears in my eyes as I read these posts. Sonia, you are incredible.
 
 
Now that I'm fashionably late for my own party, let's get some August posts together. Festeggiamo!














9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the inclusion and for introducing me to a few posts I missed this month. So much great writing, so little time to read it all!! Sonia's posts are such an amazing example of how blogging can help with healing, both personal and in terms of sharing stories someone else out there might relate too. Wonderful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome :-) I completely agree with your comments. Sonia has not only gone through her own healing process but also touched everyone who has read her posts. I'm sure many will have benefited from reading her story. I love this blogging community!

      Delete
  2. I very grateful for the lovely shout out, writing about your book is on my to-do list, and yes hurry up and write the second installment, what happened at Rex's end while she was 'away' - yes??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely. And the answer is "yes" and more!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the link up! I have returned the favour to my ridiculously talented friend Hugzilla who likes to torment Thermomix addicts (link added) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! Thanks for sharing the linky love.

      Delete
  4. Oh beautiful girl - thank you for sharing me. I am so incredibly grateful for how everyone has received my story. Thank you so so much xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for writing your story. We are all the better for it xx

      Delete
  5. The link I wanted to add has already been added: The Secret Life of the Number Nine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...