25 August 2014

House Update: It Looks Like a House!

My poor, neglected blog readers! Not since the 10th of July have you been subjected to enlightened by an update on the construction of our new house!

So much has happened! (No, we haven't moved in yet. Not that much has happened.)

On the outside, it now looks like this (just imagine the down-pipes - I took these photos before they went in):




The garage has a roller door so it's called at "lock-up" stage.

The kitchen benches have been installed, waterproofing is done and the wet area tiling is almost complete.

We had a walk through the house during the week and to say I'm excited is an understatement!

Hubby likes my tile colour choice (relief) and the place is starting to look less like a construction site and more like a house we'll be living in at some point.

We had some heavy rain early in the week, which helped us identify an issue with the down-pipes - better now than when we're living in it.

I hope they keep on keeping on and we can move in sooner rather than later!!




12 comments:

  1. How exciting for you! I bet it feels good to see it all coming together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing Malinda! Still hard to believe we'll be living in it soon, but it's feeling more real as time goes on :-)

      Delete
  2. Wooohooooo - how exciting for you xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the best feeling! So a few walk through hints, look at paint drips, open wardrobes, look at the ceiling, check he doors don't swing shut.. just a few things I wish I had done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily. That's great advice, I will!

      Delete
  4. How very exciting Francesca! You will be back there before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lock up stage is the best! Hopefully you will be in there soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so - it's almost teasing us, being so close!

      Delete
  6. How exciting!!! I'd love to build and see it all go up stage by stage, although I bet you can't wait to have it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for visiting my blog!! I look forward to seeing how your house progresses. So exciting for you!! Have a beautiful day!! : )

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...