15 August 2014

Paper Bag Spiders

Playgroup is a great excuse to get my craft on without feeling the pressure of having to attain anything close to the standard of an adult (you won't see people "pinning" my craft ideas on Pinterest!)

Here's a recent activity we put together. MissyMoo2 (5) actually came up with this one. She's my ideas girl.

All you need is a paper bag, some scrap paper or cotton wool to fill it (depending on how soft you want it to be), a rubber band, some pipe-cleaners for the legs and whatever you want to make the spider face.

Mine - yes, I know what you're thinking. I don't know why I didn't pursue fine arts as a career either.

MissyMoo2's gorgeous creation

MissyMoo3's (2) work - a legless spider

It was a great, easy activity to do - enough stages to interest the older kids, but it wasn't too time-consuming or difficult to lose their attention.




6 comments:

  1. Oh so cute! And how proud are the kids of their masterpieces xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They love them and they play with them at home now!

      Delete
  2. This is cool, and even a gumby like me could do this craft project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can do it, you can too!

      Delete
  3. Easy, cheap, cute and achievable - perfect toddler activity, Francesca!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just the way I like my craft, Bron!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...