07 September 2014

A Talk in the Library

Last week, I put my adolescent public speaking training back into operation with an "author appearance" (man, it sounds weird saying that).
 
Lake Macquarie libraries, after kindly hosting my launch, asked if I would be interested in talking about my experiences of self-publishing my novel, Returning.
 

I went along to a different library branch this time - Cardiff in Lake Macquarie. It is a recently opened library - very nice and modern.

I absolutely loved it.

The audience was very attentive, but relaxed and they asked some really insightful questions. I hope they each got something out of it and that in sharing my experiences I have been able to help them in some small way on whatever path their writing may take. The hour flew by and I think we could all have stayed there a while longer, except that it was the library's closing time, so we had to scoot.

Did I mention that I loved it?

Public speaking is something I have always enjoyed. Writing is something I have always enjoyed. This appearance gave me the opportunity to put them both together.


We had a section of the library to ourselves

I put a few books on display


Hello!

As if appearing wasn't fun enough, I walked away with chocolate! What a great evening:-)

Yes, I loved it :-)



If you want to find out more about my book, go to www.francescasuters.weebly.com. The website also has a "Contact Me" form, which you can use to drop me a line if you would like to.







3 comments:

  1. How exciting you celebrity you ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it was the best feeling when people asked you question!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Francesca! Would you consider writing a post about how to give a talk in the library? I mean I have a workshop in mind but do you have to be published to do a workshop? do the library ask you to give a copy of what you will talk about before hand? These sort of questions...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...