19 September 2014

The Household Guide to Dying - Debra Adelaide

Image source

Delia writes household guide books - laundry, kitchens, home organisation ... dying...

This is a book where you know the ending before you start, but it's where Adelaide takes readers along the way which is really moving. The book weaves accounts of Delia's past in with her present. It has a few surprises and a few light-hearted moments to balance the deep, raw emotional themes and scenes.

I was moved to tears more than once while reading this book, which I struggled to put down when real-life responsibilities called.


Book: Paperback. Borrowed from my local library.
Rating: I gave this 5 stars on Goodreads.
One-liner: Such a moving book - it had me crying. Well written and a great story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...