15 September 2014

Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There - Lewis Carroll

Image source

This is a book MissyMoo1 (7) brought back from her most recent trip to Gran & Soots' house and I just had to read it too. As this is apparently the second of the Alice books, my logical side would have preferred it if I had read the first one before reading this, but my inner child and my impulsive streak ganged up on logic and read it anyway.

Aside from alluding to having multiple personalities (which I neither confirm nor deny!), the main purpose of this blog post is to convey the joy I feel when reading fun children's literature. Allowing my mind to indulge in escapism and more than a little silliness is just the tonic for a tired adult mind which has lost touch a little with fun.


Book: Hardcover. Borrowed from Gran & Soot.
Rating: I gave this 4 stars on Goodreads.
One-liner: What a great collection of smile-inducing nonsense!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I never knew there was a sequel to Alive In Wonderland! I will have to read it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...