24 November 2014

Song/Artist Review: "Will", KADA

Disclaimer: I was directed to this artist by a PR company. No money has exchanged hands and all opinions expressed are my own.


You may not know this, but before starting this blog, yours truly was quite the muso. In my late teens, every spare moment I had saw me with guitar in hand, making music. So, it's really cool that I have an opportunity on this blog to talk music and let you know about an up-and-coming Aussie artist.

KADA is a born and raised New South Wales lass like myself. This is where the similarities end, though! She's quite a bit younger than me and is making her dream of music become a reality, currently living between the US and Queensland.

KADA's debut album was just released last week. It's called "The Unknown" and the first single is called "Will". The song is a bit of a mix of genres: R&B, electronica and folk all rolled in together to make quite a unique sound. If you're interested in hearing it for yourself, check out the official video on YouTube:

 
 
Now that you've had a listen, let me tell you something else about this artist. She and her partner have been living through something most of us couldn't imagine and show amazing strength through adversity day after day. Wondering what I'm on about? Read this article. Now listen to the song again and you may find a deeper meaning beneath the lyrics.
 
It's great to be able to change things up a bit on Francesca Writes Here and to shout out to a debut artist. I know through launching Returning how hard it can be to stand out in the busy internet, so I hope this helps in some small way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...