04 November 2014

The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown

Image source
This is the third in the series of Robert Langdon novels. It has all of the intrigue, plot twists and interesting detail you would expect from Dan Brown if you have read his first two Robert Langdon books (Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code).

And yet, it's the "expecting" which I think also was a little disappointing for me. Although the subject matter was different, perhaps because it followed the same sort of formula it lost a bit of its mystery. Or perhaps because it wasn't set in Europe, it was a little less attractive to me. Or perhaps because it was about masonic symbols which I have no prior knowledge of or interest in, it was less exciting than I had hoped or expected.

Whatever the reason, although I consider it to be well written, I just enjoyed this book less than the previous two. Still worth reading though.

Book: Hardcover. Borrowed from my local library.
Rating: I gave this 3 stars on Goodreads.
One-liner: Not bad, but not as good as his earlier books.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this - I will have a look to see if I can get it out the library. I hope you are settling down nicely in your new home.
    Have a wonderful day !
    Me xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to go back and read the DaVinci code. I started but I dont think I was in the right mind frame and ended up ditching it. I purposely have never watched the movie just in case I want to attempt the book again xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...