28 December 2014

Happy 5th Birthday ... To My Blog!



There are two things you may notice about the above picture, which is a screenshot of my first blog post. One is the year - yes, this blog is now five years old!

The second thing you may notice is the exact date ... and the fact that my fifth blogiversary was actually yesterday. Oooops, is this the best example of a bad blogger - forgetting such a milestone as this?!

But let's focus on the positives, shall we?


Happy birthday Francesca Writes Here (for yesterday)

In the past five years, this blog has witnessed some amazing milestones in my life and the lives of my family members.  I have learnt so much about blogging, websites, social media and writing. I have nurtured a hobby I very much enjoy and felt part of a wider community.

You would almost certainly have noticed a change of pace in my blogging in recent months (i.e. from "meandering" to "a snail's pace"). So I will use this fifth blogiversary to recognise a certain maturity and coming-of-age of this blog. Francesca Writes Here doesn't attempt to be a big-name blog. I don't go to blogging conferences or rub noses with the who's who of the blogging community. I feel less and less comfortable blogging about my children now that they are getting older and will have their own online identities to shape in years to come - so I don't think this blog really falls into the "mummy blogger" category either.

The simple fact is that this blog is from me, by me. Francesca. Francesca Writes Here. And Francesca writes about whatever Francesca feels like writing about whenever the inspiration and opportunity arises (sorry about referring to myself in the third person there - a bit over-the-top, hey).

I'll plug my book from time to time. I'll write about writing, reading, languages, music, family life - all of the things which make my soul sing; things which you'll see from reading this blog that I have enjoyed writing about over the past five years. I may also have the occasional whinge, but that's life. Sometimes, blogging may seem just like hard work ... and when it does, I'll have a break. But I'll probably come back - I always have so far ;-)

So happy fifth blogiversary to me, if I do say so myself. It's been a huge five years in many ways. I wonder what the next five years will bring?!


How long have you been blogging?  What's your claim to "bad blogger" fame?

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I've always loved the name of your blog. I love the name Francesca for a start but the blog title sounds just right. My blog is nearing its second birthday and I hope I'm still going at the five year mark like you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! As long as you're having fun, I'm sure you'll be going strong then :-)

      Delete
  2. A HUGE congrats hun and I love that you write whatever you damn well please and when you please. That is how blogging should be xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Congratulations Francesca. I remember being so excited the night in the Thai restaraunt when our friend Jo whispered to me "she's a blogger too you know" At last a real life friend who would understand the quirky enjoyment of writing to the world and not knowing who would see. What great friends we can make online while warning our kids about the dangers of befriending people you don't know in real life. Well done on your 5 year blog anniversary. This August will mark TEN years of blogging for me. I need to set a reminder in my calendar not to miss it! Here's to many more years of writing and friendship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, we're a rare and interesting breed (just quietly I think if Jo ever wrote a blog it would be incredibly interesting). Ten years will be such an amazing milestone for you. And does that mean ten years in Australia this year?! Wow!!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...