21 December 2014

Messages from Santa

This is NOT a sponsored post - I just really like the Santa messages, so I thought I'd tell you about them.


The jolly big man in red just loves a photo. As kids, my sister and I had one with him every year and Hubby and I continued the tradition with the MissyMoos from the time MissyMoo1 was 1.

But for the past couple of years, we haven't done the Santa photo. Before that, we always did. But a combination of moving house, three kids and negotiating around school hours has meant that the idea of driving more than half an hour to a busy major shopping centre, waiting in line for two hours, then possibly having to get in the photo with an uneasy child, just doesn't float my boat.

And do you know what? The kids don't mind.

They each write a letter to Santa making their present requests. They know Santa is busy getting ready for Christmas - he can't be appearing at every shopping centre beforehand. Santa does take some time out of his busy preparation, though, to send them a personalised video message, telling them whether they're on the nice list or the naughty list.

I request a video message for each child from Santa through the Portable North Pole website. We have done this for a few years now. The message is different each year, although each child sees the same storyline in a given year (personalised to them, though) because I've only done the free one. Next year, I may branch out and pay so the MissyMoos can have a different message each ... we'll see.

One of Santa's elves emails me when the video message is ready for the MissyMoos to watch. Generally it's really close to Christmas because we wouldn't want the cherubs on the nice list getting complacent now, would we?! Santa Claus also mentions that this is the list they're on now, so we all know that Santa is still watching even after the message has played!

Watching the MissyMoos' eyes light up as they see Santa greet and speak to them is precious. It's much less stressful and time-consuming than trekking to shops for a photo, so this is my children's experience of Santa for now, and they love it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...